pigeons

• 4 Replies

pwgun

pigeons
« on: May 31, 2007, 23:13 »
OK,  so im new to this this year, so i thought this amount of pidgeons must be usual.
But no,  an established holder at my site cant believe how much he is loosing to them this year.

There is a hell of a lot off them, white marks on neck i believe means wood pidgeon.

AND another thing, where are all the sparrows, there used to be thousands when i was a kid, thirty years on and i see more robins!

praps the pidgeons ate them!!??*!?
When the sun shines i dig,
When rain pours i dig
When the wind blows---I SURF.

Allan

crowndale

Re: pidgeons
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 07:44 »
Quote from: "pwgun"

AND another thing, where are all the sparrows, there used to be thousands when i was a kid, thirty years on and i see more robins!

praps the pidgeons ate them!!??*!?

Wouldn't surprise me, they're greedy things!!  :wink:
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
pigeons
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 10:12 »
well the fleece came off my sprouts and the damn pigeons has destroyed everything in their wake.. god I hate them

loads of sparrows in our garden and lottie..

oh and earlier this week we had a strange looking heron visit the garden.. had sticky up feathers on it head.. the twitchers in middlesbrough went crazy as it has taken up home in the lakes just round the corner..

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
pigeons
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 12:19 »
Quote from: "Sadgit"
well the fleece came off my sprouts and the damn pigeons has destroyed everything in their wake.. god I hate them

oh and earlier this week we had a strange looking heron visit the garden.. had sticky up feathers on it head.. the twitchers in middlesbrough went crazy as it has taken up home in the lakes just round the corner..

I said in another thread about pigeons and how to prevent damage - nets, nets & more nets.

WG came up with high velocity lead projectiles, but not all of us have access to these!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
pigeons
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 12:28 »
Quote from: "Digger Dave"
Quote from: "Sadgit"

I said in another thread about pigeons and how to prevent damage - nets, nets & more nets.

WG came up with high velocity lead projectiles, but not all of us have access to these!

Oh yeah my lottie is covered in fleece but I put the sprouts in last week before work and I was late and forgot to put something on the fleece to hold it down :lol: a ting gust of wind must have moved it :)

xx
Pigeons anything they do not eat!!

Started by Enfield Glen on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 12, 2020, 18:53
by rowlandwells
xx
Pigeons

Started by thrapston on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post June 15, 2008, 15:56
by Johnny Norfolk
xx
...and then the pigeons came

Started by Florablunder on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post August 04, 2015, 19:05
by anchorman
xx
pigeons ?

Started by smellykipper on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post May 28, 2013, 20:49
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.31 seconds with 32 queries.