bugs

• 16 Replies

RobertSongs

Re: bugs
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 21:57 »
There are catapillars in spain that you really dont want to be getting any closer than a long arms length too >:( big,fat,itchy,hairy ones..sounds like a girl i once knew....ahem! any way...Between growing your own Oranges,Lemons,Olives and Grapes im suprised there is room for the humble Broccoli.
The Quest For Curry Leaf Continues

parttimer

• Experienced Member
  • Mousetrap!!
Re: bugs
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 21:58 »
Covering brassicas with enviromesh works for me although I have them in raised beds which is easier to cover than it would be for plants in open ground, I have cabbage, kale, brussels sprouts and swede all growing with next to no damage.The one bug I have difficulties with is the larvae of the dart moth that always seems to find a way under the mesh or perhaps their resident there.

I have purple kale in the open ground and other than mice in the winter they have been completely free from damage. Others brassicas that I risked planting in the open ground were decimated by birds, cabbage white caterpillars, slugs, snails and others.

Sorry to hijack the thread but Fisherman do you build a frame for your Enviromesh or place directly on top of the plants.
Yer Tiz!!

clip
More bugs!!!

Started by Beetie on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 22, 2014, 16:44
by Dr_Pepper
xx
bugs in mud

Started by pwgun on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post November 26, 2006, 20:51
by muntjac
xx
Anyone know what these bugs are?

Started by Paul Canning on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 28, 2011, 17:08
by Paul Canning
clip
Bugs

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post April 29, 2016, 21:42
by Trikidiki

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 28 queries.