bugs

• 16 Replies

RobertSongs

Re: bugs
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 21:57 »
There are catapillars in spain that you really dont want to be getting any closer than a long arms length too >:( big,fat,itchy,hairy ones..sounds like a girl i once knew....ahem! any way...Between growing your own Oranges,Lemons,Olives and Grapes im suprised there is room for the humble Broccoli.
The Quest For Curry Leaf Continues

parttimer

• Experienced Member
  • Mousetrap!!
Re: bugs
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 21:58 »
Covering brassicas with enviromesh works for me although I have them in raised beds which is easier to cover than it would be for plants in open ground, I have cabbage, kale, brussels sprouts and swede all growing with next to no damage.The one bug I have difficulties with is the larvae of the dart moth that always seems to find a way under the mesh or perhaps their resident there.

I have purple kale in the open ground and other than mice in the winter they have been completely free from damage. Others brassicas that I risked planting in the open ground were decimated by birds, cabbage white caterpillars, slugs, snails and others.

Sorry to hijack the thread but Fisherman do you build a frame for your Enviromesh or place directly on top of the plants.
Yer Tiz!!

xx
Anyone know what these bugs are?

Started by Paul Canning on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 28, 2011, 17:08
by Paul Canning
clip
What are these bugs?

Started by Seagull on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post November 10, 2020, 14:59
by 8doubles
clip
Bugs

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 09, 2015, 12:47
by mumofstig
clip
What are these bugs?

Started by al78 on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post October 01, 2013, 21:04
by gobs

Page created in 0.723 seconds with 37 queries.