• 32 Replies

Fat Hen

We have our chickens! :)
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2007, 20:22 »
Quote from: "rosemarycallsthegoddess"
Quote from: "lucyeff"
I've never been to Suffolk.

some of us didn't even know where suffolk was til today :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

It's alright I used to think you dropped off edge of world if you went south of Sheffield :lol:

Where abouts in West Yorks you from Lucyef, i'm originally from Gawthorpe nr Ossett.  Made a right mess of village when they extended M1 twds Leeds, put it straight thro my favourite play area when I were a kid (Doggy Wood).  Now in Blackpool.

lucyeff

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 12:02 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
no moms dead farm is now owned by big concern , govt built big gas holding plant not far from louth ..no they live in grimsby and all over the rest of the country .. :lol: another life another time i guess :roll:

Sorry to hear that Munty  :( We only have one person left in Grimsby now, and Si's mum & new husband in Cleethorpes. His mum is getting more and more scared of going out (new husband's driving/farting about with sat nav and not keeping eye on road, etc) so we will no doubt be making more trips from now on. Esp we now have the scary chickens  :roll:  

Fathen, I'm in Crofton now - from Ackworth originally, which has changed too since Gordon North's son sold the cow fields after Gordon died. All full of red brick, BMWs and new roads now  :( Parents are in Thornes, just oop t'road from us. Did you used to get involved with the maypole shennanigans in Gawthorpe? They still do that I think! It is a shame when your childhood landscape changes. So much for progress - I'm not sure if the next generation will look back on their playgrounds fondly - ours was the whole of Ackworth - feeding the cows out of our hands, going stickleback catching, talking to the local tramp, getting covered in mud over the pit fields, getting in late for tea... Theirs is a tidgy park full of broken beers bottles and the odd syringe, etc, and dodging the traffic. You have to get creative nowadays to try and make nice memories for em. Or move..  :roll:

Fat Hen

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2007, 18:30 »
Quote from: "lucyeff"

Did you used to get involved with the maypole shennanigans in Gawthorpe?

Only in so far it was my old school "Gawthorpe Primary" that used to do the dancing.  But that was an awful long time ago.  My dad still lives around there opposite what used to be Moores bakery (I was always playing in their dams, that is when not on pit stack) he used to work at Shaw Cross Colliery, now Dewsbury Rugby have their ground where the pit head used to be and the pit stacks have gone.  

My area of play used to be huge as a kid still at primary school we'd often cycle out to Nostell Priory or going otherway to Manningham Park.  Now kids barely allowed to leave the street (like mine 2 daughters, though they do get the chance to mess about in boats).

Ee I'm beginning to sound like a Monty Python sketch "You were lucky I used to ......etc" :lol:  :lol:

xx
When to introduce young chickens to older chickens?

Started by wardy on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post May 14, 2014, 21:15
by barley
xx
chickens - do I need to keep my dog form fouling where the chickens roam

Started by tracybro on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post January 17, 2011, 20:54
by Kym503
xx
chickens attacking chickens

Started by mill-owner on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post May 29, 2009, 17:26
by mill-owner
question
chickens and veg

Started by zandelia on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post August 31, 2013, 23:34
by joolz68

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 32 queries.