We have our chickens! :)

• 32 Replies

lucyeff

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 14:43 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
nice place cleethorpes .great place to leave  lolo.

:lol: Funnily enough, Simon's family hail from Grimsby..only his mum lives there now though. One sister in Fochabers, brother in Milton Keynes and Si was living in South Wales when I met him (I'm Yorkshire, if you hadn't noticed... :) ) Wondered if there's summat wrong with it?!

Brilliant idea Aunt Sally re bucket - that sounds like just the thing we need. Their not wrong about terrible twos...it's all 'DAISY DO IIIIT!'. Sigh. Last Wednesday she got some glasses (1st lot ever has to wear em for 6 wks)...broke em on the Thursday and same day she nicked the butter and ate it all  :shock: Chickens proving easier to date.... :roll:

muntjac

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 14:57 »
i come from there lol louth just outside grimsby lol :wink:  :lol:
still alive /............

lucyeff

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 15:14 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
i come from there lol louth just outside grimsby lol :wink:  :lol:

I know, I'm wondering why all the people left?! Is it because of my mother in law?  :lol:

Had a chat with the lady who gave me the chickens who's moving to the Shetlands, sounds pretty fab (bit windy, mind...). I'd be gone tomorrow apart from I'd miss my mum and dad being oop t'road, it's too cold (I'm a real wuss) and we would have to clear out our garage and loft  :shock: All a bit much......

muntjac

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007, 15:20 »
id move back to louth if we had the farm still  :(

lucyeff

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 15:29 »
What happened with your farm? What made you move to Suffolk? I've never been to Suffolk. There's some lovely places around Grimsby, but I'd rather eat my own head than live too close to the mother in law. She's ok while she's miles away, if you know what I mean.. :wink:

We're looking to move at some point, but who knows what'll happen now we have two little folk to think about (and 3 chickens  :lol: ). Kids are fab, having their future in your hands is pretty scary stuff mind you, innit  :shock:

ChickenAnn

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 17:19 »
Thtas fantastic news!

My Dad told me yesterday that when I was little we had silkie/light sussex crosses, and apparantly I was obsessively in love with them.  Sadly, I have absolutely no recollection of this at all. Even when shown the photo's - definitely me, definitely chickens..... absolutely cannot remember them at all. Bizarre, no?

Selkie

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 17:44 »
Quote from: "lucyeff"
I've never been to Suffolk.

some of us didn't even know where suffolk was til today :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

lucyeff

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 18:00 »
Quote from: "ChickenAnn"
Thtas fantastic news!

My Dad told me yesterday that when I was little we had silkie/light sussex crosses, and apparantly I was obsessively in love with them.  Sadly, I have absolutely no recollection of this at all. Even when shown the photo's - definitely me, definitely chickens..... absolutely cannot remember them at all. Bizarre, no?

How old were you, ChickenAnn, did your dad say? I guess folk have so much to remember that we're bound to forget some things (date of birth, home address, phone number...or is that just me??  :shock: )

It's amazing how kids seem to have no fear and luckily she's being really gentle with them (but I'm keeping my eye out just in case). The youngest (9mnths) just keeps shouting as if 'what on earth are THOSE?!', lol. Daisy has decided to call them Dolly, Violet and Vivienne. You can them apart but she's not quite managed it yet, so they're all whoever at the mo.

I'll have to make sure we have plenty of pics so we can reminisce like you and your dad  :D  It's nice to create good memories (then hopefully she'll forget all the wobblies and tellings off...seems constant at the mo)

Where is Suffolk then, Rosemarycallsthegoddess?  :lol: I'm not very well travelled.... :oops:

ChickenAnn

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2007, 09:17 »
I think we had them from when I was born until about 18mnths old -  my Dad was a gamekeeper at the time and kept them for broodies for pheasants, really. Maybe I don't remember because there was they never just arrived....they were always there, until we moved house.
Shetland Islands -  no trees and no-one above 4ft tall due to the wind.... OK, I might exaggerate that a little.  :roll:

lucyeff

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2007, 16:49 »
ChickenAnn, I once read that people don't tend to recall most things before the age of 2, wonder if that's why? It's such a shame, but then at least it lets us forget teething and suchlike!  :)

ChickenAnn

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 17:28 »
It's odd becuase I can remember a very few things about that house- we moved when I was around 18mnths/2yrs, but I can remember the bedroom window and the curtain there, really clearly, and also there was a pantry with a blue door that I can remember... but nothing else.
I think it's just odd that I never knew we had chickens, all the same!

muntjac

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 18:25 »
What happened with your farm?..... north sea gas and mom couldnt keep it on :x

WG.

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2007, 18:31 »
One sister in Fochabers
I live about 15 minutes from Fochabers!  If you are English, don't try pronouncing Fochabers unless you are completely sober.  :wink:

lucyeff

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 19:12 »
Quote from: "WG."
One sister in Fochabers
I live about 15 minutes from Fochabers!  If you are English, don't try pronouncing Fochabers unless you are completely sober.  :wink:

Almost as bad as my Liverpudlian geography teacher who thought Penistone was an exercise gadget for men  :shock:  :lol:

Munty, what happened with North Sea gas? Sorry, I'm not very up on these type of things  :oops: What a horrible thing to have to move from your home because of someone/thing out of your control  :( Is your mum nearby now or do you still have family in Louth?

muntjac

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 19:15 »
no moms dead farm is now owned by big concern , govt built big gas holding plant not far from louth ..no they live in grimsby and all over the rest of the country .. :lol: another life another time i guess :roll:

xx
chickens - do I need to keep my dog form fouling where the chickens roam

Started by tracybro on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post January 17, 2011, 20:54
by Kym503
xx
When to introduce young chickens to older chickens?

Started by wardy on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post May 14, 2014, 21:15
by barley
xx
chickens attacking chickens

Started by mill-owner on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post May 29, 2009, 17:26
by mill-owner
xx
can chickens eat fat?

Started by moomoos42 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 17, 2011, 13:33
by moomoos42

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 28 queries.