Help my wee sussex bantam is sneezing like a duck...

• 3 Replies

Pixieswift

• Experienced Member
Hello everyone, can someone please help me my favourite sussex bantam is sneezing like a duck, she wont move off her nest box and has not eaten or drank for 2 day's i am so worried about her....

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Help my wee sussex bantam is sneezing like a duck...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 07:52 »
get her to a vets to check for a respiratory infection (assuming she isn't broody and this being the reason for her not getting of the nest - however this doesn't make them sneeze). If they do find she is rattly chest and snotty or bubbly eyed then you will need to treat them all as respiratory infections are contagious  :(
Staffies are softer than you think.

Pixieswift

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 08:03 »
Thankyou so much for replying i am new to this and have been trying to add questions on the site for a while and it was not working.
Gladys is my sussex bantam i had her to the vets 4 weeks ago as she was making rasping sounds, her beak was wide open and she was struggling for air whilst sneezing. The vet gave her a anti inflammitary injection and pescribed Baytril, i kept her seperate from the other 3, a very large red sussex, Barnavelder and a ranger after a couple of days she perked up no end and was back to normal, out scratching running aound like a crazy girl for about 3 weeks and yesterday she has started back with a cough like a duck, wont come out from the nest box or wont feed and drink. She must be a sick little girl as she usually squaks really loud when you try to pick her up and she is just motionless today, her eyes are bright and alert unlike last time when they were half closed, and no fluid from the nostrils, i thought it was only me who fell in love with her flock until i found this site, i spen 5 hours outside the other day running round with an umbrella to keep them dry. We have very mixed weather here in Scotland one day really hot the next freezing cold and wet, i think this is not helping as she is still very young...

Pixieswift

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 11:47 »
Well thats Gladys just back from the vet's, she has had an injection will just have to keep my fingers crossed she will be ok... :unsure:

xx
Sneezing Bantam

Started by Smokey'n'coco on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post July 26, 2008, 14:28
by Smokey'n'coco
xx
Can anyone help please? West Sussex bantam - maybe!!!

Started by Laurie1203 on The Hen House

27 Replies
Last post August 30, 2012, 17:47
by Laurie1203
xx
My wee sussex bantam chicken heaven or not please HELP!!!!!

Started by Pixieswift on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post May 17, 2011, 21:02
by hillfooter
xx
1 aylesbury duck with 1 runner duck

Started by thedalaisheep on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 17, 2011, 10:29
by joyfull

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 36 queries.