stolen!

• 43 Replies

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
stolen!
« on: February 14, 2012, 10:01 »
some b******s stole 3 of my chooks! they took 2 hens, a jersey and a sussex and my jersey boy!

they came over the neighbour's fence - left footprints in the snow. its bad enough i had to downsize in the first place and now they've taken my breeding lad.

i'm pretty sure its the same people from 2yrs ago but can't prove anything. ironic that both times it happened when the dogs weren't here and soon after next door's garden was tended. police can't do a thing. i'm gutted.
1 Husband, 3 German Shepherds, 3 Black Jersey Giants, 3 White Jersey Giants, 1 White Jersey Cross, 1Blue Buff Columbian Brahma, 2 Buff Columbian Brahma, 1 White Columbian Brahma,  3 Gold Brahmas, 2 Golden Quail, 2 Giant Continental Rabbits and a Sister!

Beano

Re: stolen!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 10:08 »
I am sorry for you. Shame you can't get the b**ds that stole them. My sympathies to you. It must be frustrating!
El.

Geo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 10:21 »
Hi Shetan
Sorry to hear about the theft. Have you asked your neighbour if the garden has been maintained by the same people on both occasions. Too much of a coincidence. If it is the same people you can then make your own inquiries as the police are not usually that bothered about chicken theft
Geo

Raven81

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 10:52 »
I wonder if it is just coincidence or someone that knew the dogs weren't there - or whether maybe they had tried another when the dogs were there but not succeeded.
Says to me its someone local that was stealing to order tho.

Really sorry to hear about it and hoping they get caught.
The glass is neither half empty or half full - it is simply the incorrect size! Find a new glass!

nerdle

• The Lone Free Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 11:35 »
I've just written a message on here about foxproofing.  Wonder if that will work on people? 

I truly sympathise.  xxx
One grandma and 4 baby Pekins.

shetan

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 12:13 »
without pointing the finger.........next door is council maintained and after the last theft - 3 bantam speckled sussex and 3 jerseys (all had just only gone outside), i complained. funnily enough, the lady that used to come as part of the team was relocated - guess who was back last week? and guess which breeds were taken again?

i can't prove anything and so am not accusing anyone. but we do know that it isn't opportunistic as they wait until we and the dogs aren't home. plus because the old lady next door is deaf and disabled the gate is left unlocked to allow the council access.

to add to their luck they also happen to have chosen a time when the chap who owns the allotment backing onto our garden is away in oz so no eye witnesses.

i thought pregnancy was supposed to be a happy time.....still waiting....

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 12:23 »

"Police can't do a thing".   I suspect the police don't WANT to do a thing.   Not interesting enough for a T.V. programme.     We had ten sheds broken into. . .    Cheers,     Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Geo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 12:42 »
Find out who she is.
does she have hens,
 does she have your hens
send the boys round to get them back. Job done

bantam novice

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 12:45 »
So sorry to hear about the theft, Shetan.   How sickening for you.   :(
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

Beano

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 13:15 »
Find out who she is.
does she have hens,
 does she have your hens
send the boys round to get them back. Job done
YES.!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 13:25 »
don't send the boys round as you can end up in more trouble. Go to the council and voice your fears, make sure that the police give you a crime number too.
Staffies are softer than you think.

helens-hens

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 14:51 »
Sorry to hear about your chickens being stolen shetan, that is awful.

I don't know how far away your house is from your chickens run/house, but would it be worth installing a cheap CCTV system, or, even a dummy camera somewhere fairly conspicuous to put them off?
Helen

Mrs Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 16:34 »
My son has just read your post over my shoulder and is insensed! He says that anyone who steals someone else's pets should be shot. Shame you can't find the b......s! 

Around here one way which is certain to get the police out is to say  you are going out with a shotgun to find them.
NO. I don't advocate doing it.
But you can't get them out even when there is a robbery in progress. Trouble is there aren't enough police and it will get worse as their numbers are cut.

So sorry your birds have been stolen. Unfortunately we live in difficult times in more ways than one and the undesirable elements of society are ever on the lookout for ways to make a quick buck.

shetan

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 16:39 »
when i spoke to the police last time - they sent a volunteer community officer round, i was told that even if i could identify the person, chances are that the chooks were taken to order as the jerseys are classed as rare breed and even the speckled aren't always readily available so would probably have been passed/sold on.

i'm now down to 4 chooks and seriously considering selling them. the garden is 120 foot long and the chooks have the last 30 feet or so of it. even the flood lights don't light up that far :(

i can't do anything more than report it. like i've mentioned in the past, the council refuse to replace the rotten picket fence and we're saving every last penny to do it ourselves after already forking out for the other side. i've reported it to the council but as i can't prove anything and as they won't reveal the employees name i can't take it further with the police.

i have to 'get over it as its only a few chickens' apparently.

*the worst thing is they might have been taken as sunday dinner*

Beano

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 16:49 »
Oh dear I really feel for you. It's little wonder that people take the law into their own hands when that's the response you get. The council should be/ must be aware that their employee is a thief. Is that what we pay our council tax for?

xx
Stolen Egg's

Started by Lakisha354 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post July 02, 2009, 10:22
by Sassy
xx
stolen

Started by izzy on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post January 15, 2011, 08:53
by izzy
xx
STOLEN

Started by JANEVANS02 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post December 17, 2008, 11:21
by babe
xx
stolen eggs

Started by chicklit on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post May 14, 2009, 12:35
by HelenK

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 36 queries.