Your favourite tomato?

• 2 Replies

GrowinGrowinGone

• Experienced Member
Your favourite tomato?
« on: February 12, 2012, 22:40 »
Hi Folks, I have just joined and thought I would jump in at the deep end and make a post :)

I have a plot and I am in Worcestershire, and this will be my 2nd year of growing.  I have grown a few different tomato, garden pearl, gardeners delight, marmande.  Having grown those type the past few years, and given them organic feed with seaweed extract and grown in compost in containers.  I found them to be rather bland, and not very sweet at all, and rather disappointing if i'm totally honest.  This year I am growing varities: Latah, beefsteak, polish linguisa, purple ukraine, amish paste, yellow pear, and cherry.  I hope that I will find a variety that I really like  and only grow them in future.  I like a thin skinned, sweet tomato.  Could anyone suggest a variety to try?  And also, what is your favourite and why?  I hope I have not rambled too much and someone can reply lol.

This is my Allotment, There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without my Allotment I am nothing, without me, my Allotment is nothing

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Your favourite tomato?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 22:51 »
Hello there  ;)
That's a nice long list I've grown a few different ones in the past, and really liked Purple Ukraine, but be prepared for the leaves to look whispey and rather sparse, they have huge trusses which I had to support with extra strings from the roof of the greenhouse ::)

You might like to look here
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=51.0
for the tomato polls and threads for the last 2 years  :D

GrowinGrowinGone

• Experienced Member
Re: Your favourite tomato?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 22:59 »
Hi, and thanks for the reply.  I will have a look at the link you put there for me, I did do a search of the site for terms like "favourite tomato" but no results.  Or of course, it could of just been me  :unsure: lol

xx
Favourite tip?

Started by Chrysalis on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post March 28, 2011, 15:04
by TerryB
xx
Grow more favourite veg.

Started by Goosegirl on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post October 23, 2023, 08:38
by Goosegirl
xx
Blueberries - what's your favourite?

Started by Flowertot on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 03, 2013, 23:17
by Trillium
xx
Favourite earlies...

Started by vegging out on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post June 28, 2007, 23:08
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 30 queries.