What I did on the plot today - 2012

• 2319 Replies

allotment-bill

• Experienced Member
Re: What I did on the plot today - 2012
« Reply #1305 on: May 20, 2012, 16:13 »
been up plot's watered the greenhouse first then went and checked my nine Kent blue pea plant's all in flower not as tall as the pea god's , but many many years since Ive seen them one my father used to grow .
done some weeding ,just when you think you done it all turn round and start again :wub:
pulled some rhubarb checked broad beans they four inch's long now all coming on very well now
keep allotments alive grow your own

Paul Plots

« Reply #1306 on: May 20, 2012, 17:30 »
At home:
  • sowed a deep tray full of wallflower seed - 30cm and 40cm mixed colours
  • potted on 10 "jumbo" fuchsia cuttings
  • potted on more courgettes
  • watered loads
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

grendel

« Reply #1307 on: May 20, 2012, 17:35 »
not at the plot but in the garden, didnt get much done as yesterday was spent re-arrangeing furniture to get the leather recliner in, also got given a new bed base so collecting and installing that, so today I rested mostly, so only 6 of the 40 paving slabs were installed today, looking nice though.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

teasmade!

• 3rd Pumpkin Contest 2011
« Reply #1308 on: May 20, 2012, 20:49 »
well first and most importantly got to the plot made a cup of tea and bacon and egg sandwich :D
planted rest of the brassicas, so i thought, until i got home and was told i had more in seed trays in the greenhouse :blink:
Planted some runner beans out just need to keep our fingers crossed but they had taken over the greenhouse which was already a jungle before they went in it!!
hoed some beds that aren't being used yet, need to cut grass before it gets waist high but forgot strimmer (funny how that grows so well in this weather :mad:)
Loads of flowers on strawbs fingers crossed we get some weather for the bees as i didn't do to well with them last year :(

if all else fails my sunflowers are doing o.k.
dig dig dig dig digging, rid me of those little weeds....

yorkiegal

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1309 on: May 20, 2012, 20:53 »
Just popped down for a quick visit to take some bits of wood for raised beds and a pasting table to use as a potting bench in the polytunnel. Also today, the neighbour I took the plot on with, informed me that she's getting married and moving to Wiltshire so it's just my plot from now on. Am quite happy about that because I get to choose exactly what I grow from now on! So bye bye carrots and salad stuff and hello to tons of parsnips, leeks and courgettes!

frizzy

« Reply #1310 on: May 20, 2012, 20:54 »
A sunny day at last!  

Put some new wooden posts and supports for my raspberry canes, put some netting down for the peas to scramble over and uncovered half of the area that has been covered by black plastic since I took over the plot.  It looks like wet clay under there but that half is quite sunny so I should be able to use it for something.  Was nibbled on by midges.

Came home and put the kitchen herbs out in the sun as it was warmer outside than inside.  Got a few runner beans sprouting on moist kitchen paper so hope they come out ok.

Yana

« Reply #1311 on: May 20, 2012, 21:13 »
Measured up for new raised beds (BandQ have half price on decking  :D) on new second plot
Weeded strawberries and realised there were far more flowers than I thought
Added compost to top up and freshen the soil in an old dip tank that had been left on the plot and then sowed Fennel seeds (not the herb type, the bulb type)
Planted iris and glad bulbs (less than half price in aforementioned BandQ) around rhubarb to brighten the plot up later in the year

Just got back after mammoth watering session as planted up brassicas yesterday and had hoped it would rain so I wouldn't have to do much watering. Alas, no and no rain until late this week so don't want to loose them as I have got them this far.
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

jmc1949

« Reply #1312 on: May 20, 2012, 22:44 »
Worked in the garden for a couple of hours today. Weeded all the flower borders. then re potted tomatoes, sweet peppers and chillis (these will be going to my son and my sister when I get round to visiting).  Also repotted patty pan squash and cos lettuce into larger pots ready to go the plot in couple of weeks time.

grendel

« Reply #1313 on: May 21, 2012, 10:11 »
made a determined effort and visited my plot this morning I had a mere two hour window to get to both, have been ascertained the conditions and done a little weeding (need a whole day at each cutting the grass down, weeding and generally tidying :(  ) but at least I got there. strawberries potatoes and onions are growing well and peas are just poking their heads through.
Grendel

Mafro

• The Bushcraft Magazine
« Reply #1314 on: May 21, 2012, 11:59 »
Over the weekend I planted seeds of various corgettes, BN Squash and french beans.

At the allotment I weeded, dug over half the brassica bed, earthed up some tattys and gazed hopefully at my roots bed which has has seeds in for a month but nothing other than weeds showing.
Bushcraft & Mushroom Mad

allotment-bill

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1315 on: May 21, 2012, 14:50 »
been and mowed all the grass paths round the two allotments ,turned the compost bins they looking good now nice lot of compost coming there , put straw under the strawberries checked my Kent blue peas they gone mental now netted over all my other rows of peas as birds love them , hoed the cabbage beds earthed up spuds again then sat and enjoyed a brew with other plot holders . ::) ::)

gavinjconway

• My Allotment Progress Website
« Reply #1316 on: May 21, 2012, 16:16 »
Had a great time yesterday.. Planted out my courgettes, summer squashes, my delicious Gem-squash (from africa) Hubbards and a few leftover garlic plants that were in pots.

Some small chillies, toms and egg plant that are not growing fast in the home GH so planted out in the GH at the plot which gets more sun. Hopefully they might grow now..

I also planted out some garlic into my nursery area that I have been growing on from seed (bulbils). This seed was harvested by a friend from seed last year and I planted a few months ago - potted on once and as they are all growing well I decided to plant them out to grow. They will take a few years of planting, reaping, drying and replanting again. They will eventually get big cloves after about 3 years of nurturing... well so I'm told!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 16:18 by gavinjconway »
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... 2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..

Thephoenix572

• my lottie 2012
« Reply #1317 on: May 21, 2012, 16:48 »
Planted a tub of carrots, planted the celery under cloches and mulched them. Also made a compost bin from pallets and added some cut grass from the borders do compost is on it's way
All the way from my allotment in beautiful Derbyshire. I'm in year 3 of my allotment and wish I'd caught the bug years ago, things growing from strength to strength

NN2Blue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1318 on: May 21, 2012, 18:33 »
Planted out my toms: A very old Bulgarian variety (x18)  and Gardeners Delight (x20) and a couple of Dr. Wyche's Yellow Tomatillos. Watched summer re-arrive around me.  :D

jmc1949

« Reply #1319 on: May 21, 2012, 20:37 »
Planted out Drawf French Beans Safari. Built a netted frame and then planted Autumn Calabrese in it. Then weeded 2 raised beds.

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2011

Started by Paul Plots on Grow Your Own

2810 Replies
Last post January 01, 2012, 00:38
by Paul Plots
xx
What I did on the plot today 2017

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

513 Replies
Last post December 27, 2017, 20:40
by Plot 1 Problems

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 36 queries.