afternoon in the garden

• 6 Replies

bramford

afternoon in the garden
« on: May 16, 2011, 21:01 »
the girls have been in the garden all afternoon( after breaking out  ;) ) but its great to see that they have just put themselves to bed, you have got to love them  :) 

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
Re: afternoon in the garden
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 01:06 »
It's a lovely sight seeing chickens in the garden, isn't it?  :happy:

Before I got my girls I built a spacious run thinking they would be in there most of the time and I would just let them out when I was home to supervise.

Well, after the first day, the door to their run has hardly ever been closed.  They just roam the lawn at will, and put themselves to bed every night.  Every time I come home I head straight out the back door to check on them, and they come running to greet me. 

Any time I look out the living-room window, there they are foraging around under the fruit trees, or dust bathing in the garden beds, or perched in a row on the stair-rail, preening themselves.

You really couldn't ask for a lovelier scene.  :)

hillfooter

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 02:02 »
It's a lovely sight seeing chickens in the garden, isn't it?  :happy:

Before I got my girls I built a spacious run thinking they would be in there most of the time and I would just let them out when I was home to supervise.

Well, after the first day, the door to their run has hardly ever been closed.  They just roam the lawn at will, and put themselves to bed every night.  Every time I come home I head straight out the back door to check on them, and they come running to greet me. 

Any time I look out the living-room window, there they are foraging around under the fruit trees, or dust bathing in the garden beds, or perched in a row on the stair-rail, preening themselves.

You really couldn't ask for a lovelier scene.  :)

How about some photos Lindeggs?
HF
Truth through science.

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 02:26 »
I would love to post some photos but I think I need to open a photobucket account or something first.  :( By the time I make the pic small enough to be hosted on here it's lost all its definition.  :unsure:

PaulineM

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 10:49 »
Hi
To reply to Lindeggs about photos, if you type 'how to post photos' into the search box there is a very good thread started by chickway that helped me to use the photobucket system.  :)
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 20:31 »
I would love to post some photos but I think I need to open a photobucket account or something first.  :( By the time I make the pic small enough to be hosted on here it's lost all its definition.  :unsure:

I just downloaded a PIXresizer on to my computer.  Then you can resize any of your photos to a size small enough to post.   :D
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 21:29 »
Thanks PaulineM and ANHBUC.  I've been having a bit of a go at posting pics here and I think my best option is just to resize them and have them hosted on this site.

I use IrfanView for resizing (it's free and simple enough for me!)  ;)

xx
The Daily Coop - afternoon supplement

Started by New shoot on Chicken Chat

10 Replies
Last post April 11, 2011, 08:22
by daisy1990
xx
Muddy garden

Started by yorkylover on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post November 10, 2010, 20:21
by themagicaltoad1
xx
hens and garden birds

Started by bantam novice on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post September 13, 2011, 08:50
by Beano
xx
Housing chickens in a garden

Started by grinling on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post March 30, 2011, 19:20
by jinty1911

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 28 queries.