neighbour disputes

• 99 Replies

craig1981

• Experienced Member
Re: neighbour disputes
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2009, 08:51 »
i would love to get some ducks to give her something to really complain about . She was even watching me this morning sort the chickens out . perhaps shes making notes on my movements and is going to get mi5 involved .  :D

jo40

• Experienced Member
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2009, 10:04 »
Hello

Just wanted to add, please be mindful - people can be VERY nasty.  :mad:
I am constantly shocked by the stories I hear about how low people will go to get their own way. Keep a close eye on your garden/area, make sure nothing is being added to their diet if you know what I mean.
Not everyone has a conscience :( 
Don't rattle her, lay as low as you can and hopefully she will forget it was you she was taking her bad mood out on and move on to someone else.

Jo

hamstergbert

« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2009, 21:39 »
Once she has against you on something like this it is very difficult to win her round, not least because to soften is seen both as a weakening and an admission that her earlier stance was possibly unreasonable.  Also human nature is such that she may well feel that you are keeping your flock simply to annoy her, ridiculous or unreasonable though that may seem.

Keep the head down and stay legal at all costs - and as Jo says, keep a close eye on anything untoward making it into the feed and water.
The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

Bruced

• Experienced Member
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2009, 12:48 »
You could always get a good big guard-chicken, maybe an Asil or a Shamo  :)

bashful_badger

• Experienced Member
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2009, 14:05 »
I think some people just really like to complain.  Our neighbour at the back of our house reported us to the council not long after we first moved in.  It was just ridiculous, we had an apple tree full of canker, which other half removed and got rid of via a couple of  bonfires.  Which, apparently, smoked out the entire street opposite and our neighbour very nearly had to call the fire brigade!  I mean, really, I laughed when I read it, it was just so hilarious.  I think he'd have got done for wasting their time if he had, it wasn't even a big bonfire and it wasn't a windy day either.  He was worried the ash may blow onto his precious soft-top car and damage the hood, well put the flippin thing in the garage then is what I thought.

Anyway, other half wrote a nice letter to council explaining it was this apple tree which council website specifically recommends bonfires to get rid of diseased wood and that it was after 8pm to ensure no washing etc was out but that in future he'd leave wood to dry for at least two weeks before bonfire and not have more than one a month.  Put copy through neighbours door and half hour later we'd had a reply pop back through!  Honestly, some people just have nothing better to do do they!

We've not had a bonfire since anyway.

I'd be very surprised if they don't report us when our chickens arrive too but have already checked with council about it and they said as long as they aren't too noisy, or lead to rats etc it shouldn't be a problem.  We're only getting 3 so I really don't see how they can make any more noise than dogs/cats.

My neighbour the other side (semi-detached) has her music so loud and I've not complained, one day, I kid you not my lounge floor was vibrating it was that loud.

Your neighbours name isn't Victor Meldrew by any chance is it craig1981? :o)

craig1981

• Experienced Member
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2009, 14:54 »
i totally agree some folks just like to complain and talking to the people on my street who have my eggs shes not the most popular of people in the are as she always got something to moan about . It may sound childish of me but im not going to change my ways just to please her and as my old dad would say "she can go jump as far as im concerned " After the school holidays my daily routine will go back to normal . Roll on september is all i say  :tongue2: and i cant let fear of her going a little over board get to me either . I have better things to spend my time on

Alice Louise

« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2009, 15:43 »
I haaate sucky neighbours, experienced a few in my time...

Some people just love to complain, they don't have the mental capacity to do anything else...

SMD66

• sunrise over the canal
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2009, 15:48 »
It may sound childish of me but im not going to change my ways just to please her and as my old dad would say "she can go jump as far as im concerned " After the school holidays my daily routine will go back to normal . Roll on september is all i say  :tongue2: and i cant let fear of her going a little over board get to me either . I have better things to spend my time on

Good attitude Craig...get on with your life, let her do the fretting, it's her blood pressure that will suffer!
Music self played is pleasure self made
Samantha :)

craig1981

• Experienced Member
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2009, 18:24 »
right now ive tried everything . wake up time for the girls is 8 oclock and i get my little daughter to keep the noise down as much as possible yet to my surprise on friday morning i received a visit from the rspca is regards to an anonymous tip that my chooks were being mistreated and kept in utter filth >:( . obviously as soon as the inspection took place we were given the all clear . Ironically enough it was the same rspca officer who came when i had two extra hens left in my run so she was happy for a catch up and a chat about how those 2 were settling in . . It can only be the mardy lady at the back of me surely as everyone else who sees the hens is surprised at how good my set up actually is .  :)

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2009, 20:43 »
Nice to have an officially clean bill of health. Maybe you need to have a loud conversation with someone in her hearing about how well the RSPCA thought your hen were doing and the state of the run.
Sounds like she is someone to stay well clear of as much as in your power. Getting into fights will people like this rarely improves them and often brings us down to their level.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

xx
Complaining neighbour

Started by woodburner on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post December 23, 2008, 16:00
by poultrygeist
xx
Neighbour had to cull a chicken for me

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post December 08, 2009, 16:21
by karlooben
xx
Neighbour fed baby mice to her hens

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post April 12, 2007, 09:47
by purplebat
xx
How do I stop my neighbour feeding my hens

Started by jill247 on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post June 25, 2012, 00:13
by jill247

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 28 queries.