neighbour disputes

• 99 Replies

Sue33

Re: neighbour disputes
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 13:14 »

not much consolation sorry, but give it a couple of months and chooks won't be getting up till later, she probably won't have any windows open either

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 14:00 »
Oh well you tried, some people just cant be reasoned with,, its the chickens i feel sorry for; having to listen to her :(
We have 17 chickens, 3 quail, 2 dogs, 3 cats and that's enough (for this week)

SMD66

• sunrise over the canal
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 14:11 »
she was probably peeved cos she's not going to win!  People who resort to swearing to try to win an argument are generally not worth your time or effort.  Looks like the council are on your side so you shouldn't have to get shut of your hens.  I would keep an eye on them tho in-case she decides to take matters into her own hands!
Music self played is pleasure self made
Samantha :)

tam

• Experienced Member
    • The Rabbit House
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 14:19 »
That was quick work from the council! At least you've had it done now so you know there isn't a problem rather than having the worry in the back of your head.

craig1981

• Experienced Member
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 14:25 »
yep i was surprised how quick someone came to see me . Im never ever gonna moan about paying my council tax again thats for sure :D . I agree there was defintely no reasoning with her for sure

oddpaws

• Experienced Member
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 14:29 »
God what a nightmare ::).  How did you get on with your neighbour before the chickens? Has she just been waiting for an excuse to pin something on you?

Good luck for the rest of it it sounds to me like you ahve been as reasonable as possible so far
a mum is for life..not just for cleaning! ;@)

craig1981

• Experienced Member
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 14:33 »
Weve never spoken to them before and cant see any reason why she would have a problem with us . No one else does on our street . very strange . oh well i wont be losing any sleep over it

dizzylizzie

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 16:52 »
you did your best, and that is all you can do .Keep a diary if she gets akward with you just in case she tries to take any further action, and keep giving other neighbours eggs to keep them on side. im sorry it didnt work out, you just cant win them all eh? x

Elcie

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 17:21 »
I must admit that, even as a chicken keeper myself, I wouldn't be pleased to be woken up at 6am by chickens/people feeding chickens, even if the noise is at an 'acceptable' legal level.

She hasn't done herself any favours by being rude to you (although she may have felt a bit peeved that you had spoken to the council which might have wound her up) but I would suggest that you leave getting them up to a more sociable hour - perhaps 7am as this is often when people are stirring for work/school anyway.

The important thing is that you and the chickens can live in harmony with those around you as it would be awful for there to be awkardness between you all.

craig1981

• Experienced Member
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 17:43 »
if she felt a little peeved by me going to the council im afraid thats tough she cant have everything in the world her own way and i believe ive done everything correctly. Ive decided the girls will be let out at 6.45 - 7 am  which seems fair enough . The possibility of a complaint is logged with the council and i have a reference i could use if she kicks off and police need involving . I imagine her next step will be moaning about the better half going to work at 6am too noisily or my kids being too noisy for her as advised by the guy from the council tp past problems hes had with noise

oddpaws

• Experienced Member
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2009, 12:35 »
A bad bad case of PMT perhaps :blink:

craig1981

• Experienced Member
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2009, 19:04 »
im glad someone else said that especially with this forum being populated with so many of the fairer sex i didnt know if i could get away with it :D

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2009, 19:07 »
I don't think you can get away with it lads.  Aunty will fly over and zap you  ::)

Tattyanne456

• Experienced Member
  • who says I only grow Mickey Mouse potatoes!
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2009, 20:25 »
Do you know what? I think she is one of those smallminded people who always like to moan about something! You have done all your homework before you got your chooks. I should just politely tell her that... also suggest to her that if she wants to take it further, contact the local noise pollution people/council. Dont worry yourself over it too much, as people have already quite rightly mentioned, what about, dogs barking, foxes calling, kids shouting cars screeching, is she on their case too? Tatty x

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2009, 21:42 »
If my hens woke me up a 6am each day, I'd complain to the council  :mad:

xx
Complaining neighbour

Started by woodburner on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post December 23, 2008, 16:00
by poultrygeist
xx
Neighbour had to cull a chicken for me

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post December 08, 2009, 16:21
by karlooben
xx
Had we any eggs to sell our neighbour asked???

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 22, 2008, 22:58
by GrannieAnnie
xx
A fussy neighbour and possible fox proofing weakness...

Started by nerdle on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post September 20, 2013, 17:29
by nerdle

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 28 queries.