neighbour disputes

• 99 Replies

too many girls

Re: neighbour disputes
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2009, 21:46 »
i could cheerfully wring Rodney's neck at 6 am and he's mine ::) hate to think what i might do if he belonged to someone else :lol:

clairebeau

• Experienced Member
    • My Blog. Brambly Corner.
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2009, 22:22 »
It's such a shame that she's so vile.  What an awful life she must lead.  Silly old witch!  (Sorry if offence caused by my name calling)
My neighbours are all old and in council bungalows, so when the girls check if the grass is greener so to speak the old dears love it! 
'Oh it's just like the war'  they chuckle.  'We had hens in the garden when it was the war.' 
My boys look so worried and think back to what they watch on 'Newsround' (the only news programme we watch :blush:) and what war is to them now.  These days it'd be a tank and a sniper or 2.
 So good for you with the community spirit you create sharing your eggs with the 'lovely' neighbours that you do have, lets just hope she, the not so lovely neighbour, gets whats coming to her one day!  What goes around comes around i believe.
Claire. x

"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker!" - Ogden Nash

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2009, 22:35 »
Silly old witch! 

Didn't know you know Craig's neighbours Claire  ::)  Or did you mean me  :lol:

I still think it is very unreasonable to wake your neighbours every morning at 6 am.  Very antisocial behaviour from one of our chookie keeping brethren  ::)

Tattyanne456

• Experienced Member
  • who says I only grow Mickey Mouse potatoes!
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2009, 23:20 »
The mornings ar'nt getting  light so early, so the chooks wont be wanting to come out so early. You could always ask her to go to bed later, so she isn't sleeping so lightly at 6 o clock, or just buy her some earplugs. She wants to thank her lucky stars that she doesn't have to work nightshifts, then have to try to sleep through all the daytime noise! I do think she is being a tad petty!

craig1981

• Experienced Member
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2009, 14:25 »
ive never owned chickens through the winter months so im not sure what the normal time for letting them out is . I have adapted for her and the girls are let out at 7am and as of yet they dont seem to mind too much . All has been quiet on the protests front the last 2 days so who knows maybe its been nipped in the bud . Thanks for all the advice folks  :D

hillfooter

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2009, 15:33 »
You've never been through winter yet with chx! Well 10 chickens on a small area of land can quickly recreate the conditions on the Somme if the lands not very well drained.  So you'll need to keep on top of the hygiene. Don't want her complaining to the public heath people next of smells.  Also your vermin control will need to be good as there's only got to be mention of someone seeing a rat and you could be right back in there.  Nothing's sure to raise the hostility stakes like the suggestion that you're encouraging vermin.

I'd also be a bit careful in admiting to the council people that you substantially supply your neighbours with eggs.  You don't want them running away with the idea you're running a cottage industry or that you have far in excess egg production for your houshold needs.

I'm glad you offered an olive branch which was abusively refused because you currently hold the high moral ground as well as legally re keeping them and noise, but you need to keep your nose clean going forward and winter will be a challenge.

This threads beginning to look like a script for the next story line in corrie.  Have you sold the film rights yet?

Best of luck
Truth through science.

SMD66

• sunrise over the canal
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2009, 16:28 »
Our lovely neighbours complained about my son's music at 2.00 in the afternoon!  And no, they don't work nights  :mad:
Music self played is pleasure self made
Samantha :)

mashauk

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2009, 16:34 »
The mornings ar'nt getting  light so early, so the chooks wont be wanting to come out so early. You could always ask her to go to bed later, so she isn't sleeping so lightly at 6 o clock, or just buy her some earplugs. She wants to thank her lucky stars that she doesn't have to work nightshifts, then have to try to sleep through all the daytime noise! I do think she is being a tad petty!

Perhaps like me though she works funny hours, and like me is surviving on about 4 hours sleep because of over sensitive car alarms, dogs, sirens, etc., ear plugs don't really work as they give me ear infections and it's so hot I want the windows open which doesn't help.  I sympathise with her actually - if I heard something at 6am I'd moan, I have to think that unless it really is a problem she wouldn't say anything.

craig1981

• Experienced Member
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2009, 16:42 »
i think whatever hours someone works or how difficult they find it to sleep  theres no need to be rude and abusive . She complained , i sought legal advice , offered her a compromise and she went off one one . Cant see me ever feeling any sympothy for her . I feeli i did everything right and did consider a pair of earplugs but having met her i dont fancy getting my head bit off again

Foxy

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2009, 17:40 »
Most people offer some free eggs, I've never heard of anyone offering ear-plugs before... :blink:

cochin

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2009, 17:55 »
My cockerels in June started crowing at 1.30 am once one started it was a general corous of up to 25 male singing chooks :D I sleep through it all and I DONT have any neightbours at all ::) :D :D

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2009, 18:01 »
My cockerels in June started crowing at 1.30 am once one started it was a general corous of up to 25 male singing chooks :D I sleep through it all and I DONT have any neightbours at all ::) :D :D

Just as well :tongue2:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2009, 18:03 »
I DONT have any neightbours at all ::) :D :D

How fortunate you are !  Not a luxuray most of us have though  ::)

craig1981

• Experienced Member
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2009, 18:11 »
i love 99% of my neighbours . If you have no neighbours who puts your bin out when you forget . or is that just me whod forget my head if it wasnt screwed on  :D

mashauk

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2009, 19:10 »
i think whatever hours someone works or how difficult they find it to sleep  theres no need to be rude and abusive . She complained , i sought legal advice , offered her a compromise and she went off one one . Cant see me ever feeling any sympothy for her . I feeli i did everything right and did consider a pair of earplugs but having met her i dont fancy getting my head bit off again

Fair enough, but I'm seeing her point of view in a way because of my current situation.  The man who lives opposite me has an oversensitive car alarm that beeps every time something goes past it (or even just randomly), and it wakes me up, it's probably not above the noise level, and if I could sleep with my windows closed and earplugs in it probably wouldn't bother me, but I'm a terrible sleeper and am suffering big time at the moment, so I went to ask him (politely) if he could sort it out, as apparently they can be reset, but he reckons every time he does it it reverts back again, so basically I'm stuffed until the weather cools down, some nights I feel like going out and giving that blasted car something to really beep about!

xx
Complaining neighbour

Started by woodburner on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post December 23, 2008, 16:00
by poultrygeist
xx
Neighbour had to cull a chicken for me

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post December 08, 2009, 16:21
by karlooben
xx
Had we any eggs to sell our neighbour asked???

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 22, 2008, 22:58
by GrannieAnnie
xx
A fussy neighbour and possible fox proofing weakness...

Started by nerdle on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post September 20, 2013, 17:29
by nerdle

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 37 queries.