regency cabbage

• 2 Replies

rowlandwells

regency cabbage
« on: November 15, 2022, 16:23 »
a fellow gardener asked me what cabbage I intend to grow next season I told him I was growing several varieties he told me to grow regency a pointed cabbage he said he starts the seed of in late January in a propagator then pricks them out into pots he said  doing it  produces an early crop so looked up this variety and it does say you can autumn sow to overwinter but as I've have already sowed and pricked out wheelers imperial and bought caraflex seed as my pointed cabbage to grow next year I'm going to give regency a miss  next season but it would be nice to see if anyone out there has been growing regency cabbage and how you rate them

Snow

• Experienced Member
Re: regency cabbage
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 19:31 »
Not tried that one. Of the ones I have grown I like filderkraut for an autumn pointed sweet cabbage, can get massive too if you give them enough space and feeding,  and tundra for its winter hardiness and standing ability.

I have tried greyhound for an early crop but found them a bit lacking in vigour. Might try an f1 for an early cabbage

rowlandwells

Re: regency cabbage
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 16:22 »
I was tempted to try filderkraut but went for caraflex I can't remember which catalogue I seen that variety in now but I'm glad you reminded me of that variety snow we also grow tundra a good choice of cabbage ;)

xx
sowing winter cabbage [spring cabbage ]

Started by rowlandwells on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post July 27, 2017, 16:46
by Aidy
xx
white cabbage and red cabbage?

Started by mandycharlie on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post February 27, 2007, 20:04
by muntjac
xx
Red cabbage

Started by Yorkie on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 05, 2008, 08:35
by jennyb
xx
red cabbage

Started by janet12000 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 11, 2009, 16:37
by DD.

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 37 queries.