Grass....

• 32 Replies

Jamrock

• Experienced Member
Re: Grass....
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 19:17 »
It's really not complicated atall. Probably a lot easier to show someone how it's done rather than type it

cadalot

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 06:31 »
My dog and kids (when they were younger) use to knock the C**p out of the grass each year, always waited until March (like it says on the pack March to September) chop up the surface a little with the end of a spade in a criss- cross pattern so the seeds have something to get into. Then cover with a sprinkle of compost and tread down.

Tried to keep the very fat grass eating pigeons off and within 10 days grass ..... yippee.

Now when I speedy weedy the dandelions out I fill the hole with a mixture of sand compost and grass seed

allotmentann

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 06:48 »
Craig, Wilkinsons sell loose hard wearing grass seed (at the right time of the year). This can be a lot cheaper than the packaged stuff. I have also found that although it is slower, if I try to get a smaller area going, I have more success, the pigeons etc. don't seem to find smaller resown patches, whereas a whole garden covered in seed has them flocking in! It is also easier and less costly to protect a smaller area while the grass gets established. Once the weather warms up it will not take long for the grass to start growing. So perhaps break the area up into four smaller areas and do a bit at a time.  :)

xx
Help, how to remove pampas grass and mystery grass identification.

Started by WeavingGryphon on General Gardening

10 Replies
Last post February 24, 2020, 20:36
by jezza
xx
Help, how to remove pampas grass and mystery grass identification?

Started by AustinGreyson on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post May 16, 2020, 19:30
by jezza
xx
grass

Started by DadBear on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post May 28, 2007, 18:14
by DadBear
xx
grass

Started by Antonius on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post June 27, 2010, 22:43
by MoreWhisky

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 32 queries.