Aldi Strawberries

• 2 Replies

chris23005

• Experienced Member
Aldi Strawberries
« on: May 23, 2010, 08:13 »
Some weeks back, someone on here gave us all the "heads up" on strawberry plants coming in to Aldi. So off I went and got some - 6 little plants for £2.99 I think. Well I just wondered how everyone else's strawberries are doing? Mine are doing brilliantly and I am really pleased with them. I had three varieties, Christine (appropriate!), Honeoye and .........errrm ...... can't remember, is there one called "Symphony"?

So far, there are LOADS of strawberries ready to ripen on the Honeoye  and quite a few on Christine. Although the latter was supposed to be the first to produce fruit, the Honeoye seems to have taken over.  The third variety is a later fruiting variety and is now in flower. And yes, I do know that I am supposed to remove the flowers for the first year, but life is too short, and as these strawberry plants are fruiting in abundance  with quite sizeable berries I am glad I didn't!

How are everyone else's Aldi strawberries doing?

Lottiegob

• Experienced Member
Re: Aldi Strawberries
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 08:30 »
I waited til Lidl had a sale on their strawberries - 76p for 6!!!  They're doing really well, just needed a bit of tlc to start, but now they're really good. Not sure of the variety though.  :tongue2:
I'm queen of my own compost heap and I'm getting used to the smell.

chris23005

• Experienced Member
Re: Aldi Strawberries
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 08:40 »
I waited til Lidl had a sale on their strawberries - 76p for 6!!!  They're doing really well, just needed a bit of tlc to start, but now they're really good. Not sure of the variety though.  :tongue2:

Ooooh, well done you! Not sure where our nearest Lidl is, probably Newcastle under Lyme, but in any case I didn't spot one at the time!  ??? My plants looked so tiny when I bought them that I was certain they would barely fruit this year - I am amazed at what they are producing.  :)

xx
Just got back from Aldi

Started by veggienut on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 16, 2008, 12:42
by amandaandherveg
xx
Aldi Fantastic

Started by Waynestrout on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 28, 2008, 23:27
by fish
xx
aldi compost

Started by Brassica Blaz on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post March 08, 2012, 07:22
by sunshineband
xx
Aldi Bargains

Started by Stevens706 on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post February 17, 2008, 11:14
by SpudtheBinx

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 28 queries.