my first post! Just a quick question

• 19 Replies

Oscar Too

Re: my first post! Just a quick question
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 10:21 »
Quote from: "666"
Sometimes (well all the time) I feel like I am stumbling around in the dark and just guessing what to do.  
 :?

Top Tip: It's much easier to garden in the daytime....

Welcome to the forum.  Don't feel you have to be an instant expert.  Start off with the easy stuff and gather experience.  There's a lot to be gained by asking local gardeners too.  

And once you accept that you won't have full success all the time, but that you will get some delicious veg, you'll start enjoying yourself.

glamourpuss

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 10:52 »
Don't be despondent 666! As long as you enjoy the gardening, then any edible food you get from your endeavours is a bonus as I see it!

And after a long day with Year 6s, time in the garden is good therapy (I teach secondary and use TES forum too :D )

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 10:38 »
Thanks everyone for your kind replies!  I really am enjoying my new hobby and I am harvesting my first bits of rocket (as an when required) which although isn't a big thing is very satisfying.

:D

Puff

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007, 13:48 »
Hi 666

Me and Mr Puff are only in our first year, we've learned alot from the helpful folks on this forum.  At first we had everything mapped out, lists of what should be planted where, when and how, but now in our 5th month we've already become more relaxed and flexible in what we do.

If something doesn't go to plan, it's no big deal, there's always something else that can fill up the space.  We are having fun experimenting.

Remember, gardening is to be enjoyed! Don't be ruled by your plans. Good luck :)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2007, 14:04 »
Saying what quantities is okay, but you only have to have a bad germination year or losses due to insects, weather what ever, and your stuck!  

My germination this year on a lot of thigs was bad, don't know why, I've done the same as usual, so re-sow lots of things, which are coming up well, but so are some of the earlier things that I thought hadn't germinated, they just took a lot longer than usual!!!  I hate wasting stuff too, but I will have far too many tomato plants AGAIN!  and I've got too many brassicas for the space, and having re-sowed cucumbers because most of my earlier ones got eaten, now, someone gavae me 3 the other day and I've got 20 of the 2nd sowing germinating, so goodness knows what I'll do with 20 odd cucumber plants!!!!

Still, its all an experience isn't it?????

xx
Quick question please

Started by mum23kids on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 28, 2010, 19:20
by Yorkie
xx
quick question

Started by shed head on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post March 24, 2013, 21:23
by shed head
xx
quick rhubarb question

Started by helluvatractor on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post February 20, 2008, 22:47
by noshed
xx
quick question on seeds?

Started by sarah-king on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post August 28, 2010, 15:48
by TheSpartacat

Page created in 0.288 seconds with 28 queries.