hen/rooster update

• 1 Replies

stef Batterbee

hen/rooster update
« on: December 21, 2011, 02:17 »
Hi all and merry Christmas! not been on here for a while but thought i would give an update...the 2 chicks i bought at a day old to put under my bantam pekin who had sat on duff eggs for 4 long weeks... well one of them was got by a rat sadly! ( lesson learnt and more chicken wire installed) the other has turned out to be a boy! and although he seems to be getting on fine with my existing cock Clive, he is a little * and runs at me pecking my shoes, worry about what will happen when the kids are out there shoeless next summer! what am i gonna do with him? my neighbour will be none too pleased either with 2 lots of crowing!... wont be getting unsexed birds again in a hurry!!! lol ::)

Sassy

Re: hen/rooster update
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 08:41 »
If he is showing signs of aggression now come the spring and with more maturity he may become very aggressive. I can only suggest you take great care with your children as they can inflict a lot of damage and at childrens size this is often about the face and unfortunately it is not unknown for people to lose an eye. I'm sorry to sound negative but I have been at the recieving end of a nasty cockerel and it isn't pleasant. He may not become nasty just take care. :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

question
4 sneezing hens + rooster! UPDATE!! Now terrible rattles and wheezing! HELP!

Started by freebirdy on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post November 14, 2011, 13:53
by kegs
xx
rooster or hen

Started by davimi on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 28, 2009, 09:51
by cathangirl
xx
What Is This ?? (Apart from a hen/rooster :op)

Started by ShoeGirl on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post January 09, 2012, 21:17
by ShoeGirl
xx
Sick Rooster

Started by CornMuffin on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 31, 2008, 00:39
by CornMuffin

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 33 queries.