Glad to be alive.............

• 3 Replies

washsaint

« on: May 11, 2008, 11:02 »
With such gorgeous weather and everything starting to grow like billio it's days like this that make you so gald to be alive.

Don't know about the rest of you, but this is only my second year of growing and I can't believe how quick everything is growing this year.

Broad beans in flower, peas shooting up, runners running, spuds about to flower (earlies) and the whole family is salivating waiting for the first harvest this year!

Happy days - I can see why they say gardening is good for your mental health!

Jeanieblue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 11:24 »
It's glorious, isn't it!  Runner beans I'd planted out in pots last week were just showing on Saturday when the grandchildren arrived for a visit. Today they are four inches high and we'll have to get them planted round their wigwams! We find the allotment SO therapeutic.  I'm even passionate about compost!  Here's to a wonderful season!  Jean
Still glowing, still growing, still going strong!

digs

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 21:19 »
Here..Here

Been at work this morning,some time in the garden with the kids this afternoon and then once they were tucked up in bed, I was on my bike to the allotment.
Its only my first year of growing, but it felt good to be down there tonight, all alone ........
I had only gone to water the greenhouse stuff however ended up planting out some lettuces as it was such a lovely evening.

Yes, I agree that it must be good for the mental health.

Wombat

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 21:31 »
This past couple of weeks of warmer weather have brought everything on so quickly.  My spuds in dustbins were just peeping through last weekend and some were 6 inches high today, so I covered them up again with compost.  French beans have grown 4 inches this week, peas and parsnips have popped up.  It is so nice to see some greenery appearing after our cold, damp spring.

xx
glad it wasnt just me

Started by juliec on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post December 31, 2012, 12:30
by Ema
xx
Glad we used chicken poo then!

Started by mashauk on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post July 06, 2008, 16:48
by woodburner
xx
Why can't I keep bay alive?

Started by shokkyy on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post April 15, 2012, 20:12
by heloise
xx
Raspberries alive?

Started by Torgan on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post March 10, 2012, 12:42
by Torgan

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 29 queries.