spraying with round up?????

• 4 Replies

pawsnclaws

• Experienced Member
    • my web site
spraying with round up?????
« on: August 16, 2009, 19:00 »
after i have pulled the big b****rs from my plot i an going to spary what happens when i have done this does it die and then i rake it or will i still have to rake it up???? does anyone live in peterborough who has a spare hour or 2 to help lol  :)  :)  :D  ;)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: spraying with round up?????
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 19:17 »
Round-up contains glyphosate as its active ingredient.  This works by being absorbed by the plant through its leaves, and then taken down inside its system to the roots, killing them off.

It will take 10-14 days for that to happen so after that you should see some difference and yes, it should die.  You will probably be able to gather the dead bits by hand.

However, I think you will still have to dig out some roots as there may well still be bits of the root which survive.

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

peterjf

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 22:59 »
after we spray with round up we dig the area over after it has died off , then a 2nd spray when the missed roots appear, then dig over again,

should be clear by then

cooperman

• Experienced Member
  • glass bottle bottle glass
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 23:08 »
all good advice...

I have used glyphosate on a new patch - works fine if you are in a hurry.  The best method I have found is to cover the ground with the heavy knitted groundcover plastic for a year and you end up with a great clear patch to do whatever you want with - this kills off the growing stuff but obviously not any seeds, so when you uncover and restart these tend to sprout but then with assiduous hoeing its no probs..
Death OR Cake ???

pawsnclaws

• Experienced Member
    • my web site
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 14:58 »
thanks for the replys  :) i think i panic and think i have to do it allin one go but it aint going to happen!!! so i have decided to just do an hour a day for few weeks just to get it clear my bloke never comes down anymore  >:( so its just me and a 10 year old doing it but he is as much use as a chocolate fire guard lol but i will get there one day and have a nice clear plot ready for spring planting!!!!  :wub: hopefully just wish it was cold much prfer working when it is freezing  ;)

xx
DIY dye for glyphosphate spraying.

Started by Little Flower on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 15, 2023, 17:17
by Candide
xx
Potato spraying

Started by ricky on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post October 03, 2018, 07:31
by DHM
xx
spraying new plot

Started by razzmick on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post October 13, 2011, 16:41
by arugula
xx
Spraying peas?

Started by FatGaz on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 05, 2007, 21:54
by WG.

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 35 queries.