Useful urine

• 38 Replies

Sal1610

Re: Useful urine
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 20:03 »
You should only use urine from males as female urine contains ostr! ustra! female stuff in their water. 8)

See us men do have our uses as we are full of p... :tongue2:

Is this correct, that only male wee should be used? Because I've been using wee on my compost heap

I suppose being a typical bloke I didn’t think of the problem lady gardeners would have balancing on top of their compo bins for a pee.  :blink:
and no, Zippy, I don't perch on top, I "collect" indoors using a bucket .... sometimes strikes me mid-wee that this is hardly dignified, but I console myself with thoughts of marvellous compost!

Sal

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2009, 20:22 »
tell them you want a composting loo no plumbing  :) saves water and you have some proper to go.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

loubylou29

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2009, 21:35 »
We have a composting loo on site now, it's very good, the kids always need to go immediatly we get onsite nowadays just so they can use it, all the better if they can 'produce' so they can sprinkle the woodchips down it too!!

::) i don't like using it, but it is preferable to a bucket in our (open) shed. I think the hole looks so deep something is gonna bite my bum!! :lol:

Beetroot queen

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2009, 07:38 »
You should only use urine from males as female urine contains ostr! ustra! female stuff in their water. 8)

See us men do have our uses as we are full of p... :tongue2:

I googled this the other day and only one site out of ten came up with this idea, so not sure whether it is completely true or not  :mellow:

8doubles

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2009, 08:35 »
If you are on any medication it will pass in the urine , (think athlete drug tests) so if you are on 'the pill' think twice before watering the veg as it causes river fish to change sex even after sewage treatment.

You may really see your hubby getting in touch with his 'female side'.  :D :D

aelf

• idndtdodaftl
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2009, 21:31 »
If you are on any medication it will pass in the urine , (think athlete drug tests) so if you are on 'the pill' think twice before watering the veg as it causes river fish to change sex even after sewage treatment.

does wine count as medecine? I'm on half a bottle a day 'for my health'  :happy: ???
There's more comfrey here than you can shake a stick at!

http://www.wedigforvictory.co.uk/dig_icon.gif[/img]

8doubles

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2009, 06:56 »

does wine count as medecine? I'm on half a bottle a day 'for my health'  :happy: ???

I`m sure fermented health tonic`s are ok  :D

Lady Lottie

• I love Hugh Fearnley Wearnley... :o))))
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2009, 09:01 »
Well.....I have no plans to wee anywhere on my plot but this thread is so funny I very nearly peed in my pants laughing...........espcially at Scabs potential not so cool nickname!! Ahh dear.................. :lol: :lol: ::)
"To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves." - Mahatma Gandhi

"Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration." - Lou Erickson, cartoonist and illustrator

barbarella

• Experienced Member
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2009, 10:35 »
It must be full of nitrogen - my daughter used to have a dog and where he peed on our lawn the grass the following spring came up lush and green.  Apparently it showed that our lawn was in need of a feed - if your grass is healthy the pee will cause yellow patches - don't know why there is a difference.    And I also used to think it was just bitch's urine that did this but it is definitely dogs as well

xx
Human urine can help ....

Started by tode on Grow Your Own

40 Replies
Last post October 09, 2009, 21:49
by redmolly
xx
urine in compost

Started by Walfre on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 13, 2009, 08:57
by Beejay

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 30 queries.