What I did on the plot today 2017

• 513 Replies

Aled

Re: What I did on the plot today 2017
« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2017, 18:30 »
Right then dug then planted Potatoes, beetroot, carrots, spinach, shallots, & radishes, made my French bean wigwam, but at the moment I've only got 2 plants to put in there!!
Still we are getting there.
Cheers
Aled

miggs

« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2017, 20:05 »
Dug over an already dug over area and planted lots of seed spuds. The only thing is, the area I dug over is not big enough for all the seed spuds. Didn't realise I had bought that many. Back to the plot in the morning then.

Vagabond

• Experienced Member
« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2017, 23:46 »
Sowed another couple of rows of beetroot seeds and sowed my parsnip seeds straight into the bed.
Moved some pots of various sowings from the cold frame into a sunny indoor spot instead as I think it might be too cold for them to germinate.
My broad beans, onions and early spuds are all pushing through and I've been watering them daily as it's been so dry.

Paul Plots

« Reply #228 on: April 23, 2017, 01:39 »
Watered the seedlings (carrots and beetroot) and then picked a large bag full of purple sprouting.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

miggs

« Reply #229 on: April 23, 2017, 12:52 »
Just got back from putting the rest of the spuds in. Strimmed all the paths, looking a lot better now.

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #230 on: April 23, 2017, 13:27 »
Brought my spud bags together in a row and covered with a fleece cloche. Was going to create individual covers for each bag but decided this was a quicker and simpler defence. Whether it works will be determined by this coming weeks freezing conditions!! Had another watering session too as the weather is still very dry here.
Cheers HH
Keep digging

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #231 on: April 23, 2017, 15:28 »
Earthed up all the early spuds as they were showing through and we have a frosty week ahead.  Then dug over a bit more of the plot until I ground to a standstill.

Enough digging for one day - home, showered and feet up now  :)

Mr Rotavator

• Experienced Member
« Reply #232 on: April 23, 2017, 20:45 »
Dismantled greenhouse (have no time to put back up after it had to moved), weeded and watered.

Andrew.

MustbeMad

« Reply #233 on: April 23, 2017, 21:22 »
Also earthed up the spuds as they got slightly frosted earlier on in the week. Nearly finished the onion bed on the new plot - sets are a bit late going in!

Thrutchington

• Experienced Member
  • Now then!
« Reply #234 on: April 25, 2017, 20:21 »
Digging beds over after work tonight, in the freezing wind, might get round to planting maincrop potatoes and onion sets at weekend.

Luiska

« Reply #235 on: April 25, 2017, 23:16 »
I got a bit ahead of myself and sowed sungold tomatoes in the middle of Feb (before reading the packet). Yet the 6 plants I am keeping are stocky, strong & already beginning their first flower truss, so I put 5 of them in half a grow-bag each today in the polytunnel. I've fleeced them well in case of the promised arctic weather and my fingers are crossed. Also sowed climbing peas, purple-stemmed broc, climbing French beans and Greek gigantes climbing beans for drying - all in cardboard modules.

And then - to grow them up - I built a couple of bean frames from the beautiful hazel stakes I got at the Ipswich beanpole day on Sunday - really like the height and structure they bring to my flat new plot.

Paul Plots

« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2017, 01:07 »
Potatoes earthed up yesterday as they were just peeping through in places... chilly nights for a day or two.

rosiecider

• Experienced Member
  • rosiecider
« Reply #237 on: April 26, 2017, 11:37 »
Tucked my little tatties in to protect from the frost, fed the resident robin and blackbird, back in the house its started to snow
:D I garden therefore I am

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #238 on: April 26, 2017, 12:03 »
Short visit whilst Mrs hog was at yoga in village hall by my allotment. Pretty cold at 4 degrees when we left home so asparagus was sulking no spears tonight. Decided I should make use of time so weeded all the beds and added some water to the spuds. Harvested some rhubarb.

snowdrops

« Reply #239 on: April 26, 2017, 15:46 »
I got a bit ahead of myself and sowed sungold tomatoes in the middle of Feb (before reading the packet). Yet the 6 plants I am keeping are stocky, strong & already beginning their first flower truss, so I put 5 of them in half a grow-bag each today in the polytunnel. I've fleeced them well in case of the promised arctic weather and my fingers are crossed. Also sowed climbing peas, purple-stemmed broc, climbing French beans and Greek gigantes climbing beans for drying - all in cardboard modules.

And then - to grow them up - I built a couple of bean frames from the beautiful hazel stakes I got at the Ipswich beanpole day on Sunday - really like the height and structure they bring to my flat new plot.

I like the idea of a beanpole day😊
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
ate my first ever strawberry from my plot today!!

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 09:00
by diggerjoe
xx
What I did on the plot today 2019

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

143 Replies
Last post January 07, 2020, 14:33
by JayG

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 49 queries.