Venison sausages...

• 23 Replies

Mrs Bee

Re: Venison sausages...
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 14:01 »

Like a few old folk, I was going to be suspicious of trying 'something new' (NEW for God's sake, Growster, where have you been for the last hundred years)!, but as we've never had rabbit or goat either, old habits die hard, and this is a different experience, which hasn't been disappointing at all!

No, no, no no, Mr Growster, never be suspicious of trying something new regardless of age. :ohmy: :ohmy:

I would think I am not too far behind you in age and my motto 'I will try anything once, twice if I like it.' Except for Morris dancing and unnatural practices. ::)

Just imagine what you might be missing out on by not trying something. ;) 8)

Trillium

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 15:12 »
Just imagine what you might be missing out on by not trying something. ;) 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I absolutely demand a pic of Growster in a kilt trying highland dancing    :lol: :lol:

Mrs Bee

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2013, 18:10 »
I'll second that. :D

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 18:14 »
That might not be 'new' of course  ;)
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Growster...

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 06:43 »
Yes, you're right, Mrs Bee, it's not really an age thing, just a mindset I suppose!

As for Morris Dancing, although I've never got involved, I love watching it, and to make the subject more interesting for others, I'll pop on a post to see who else does, as there's a whole lot more than moving around in sequence, bashing sticks at everyone...!

And no Trills, I haven't got a kilt either, but Arugula will have one for sure;0)

madcat

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 21:03 »
:lol: :lol: :lol: I absolutely demand a pic of Growster in a kilt trying highland dancing    :lol: :lol:
And no Trills, I haven't got a kilt either, but Arugula will have one for sure;0)

It's a sight of your knees she's after, little hussy! :D :D :D  Arugula's wont do ....   ???   :lol: :lol:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Growster...

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 11:30 »

It's a sight of your knees she's after, little hussy! :D :D :D  Arugula's wont do ....   ???   :lol: :lol:

Ha ha ha, Madcat, my knees look like a road map these days, I gave up counting the stitches they've had over the years, but we're way into double figures...;0]

Elvira

• Experienced Member
  • Doodles just doing what they do best...
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 13:37 »
Thanks for the link Growster - looks like a "proper" family butchers - you are lucky!  :D

We had venison sausages for our wedding breakfast all those years ago(!) - the french chef at the hotel was slightly miffed initially  >:( but he then pulled the stops out and did a fantastic meal for us! Don't know where he got the sausages from but they were the best I've ever tasted (mmm - with mash and gravy!).  Incidentally pud was a treacle sponge the like of which I have never ever tasted again!  :)

You must try rabbit! in a pie with onions and carrots with shortcrust pastry (like my mum and granny both used to make) or as a casserole with apples and cider. The meat is mainly on the legs (due to all that hopping about!)  :happy:

Growster...

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 20:24 »
Thanks for the link Growster - looks like a "proper" family butchers - you are lucky!  :D

We had venison sausages for our wedding breakfast all those years ago(!) - the french chef at the hotel was slightly miffed initially  >:( but he then pulled the stops out and did a fantastic meal for us! Don't know where he got the sausages from but they were the best I've ever tasted (mmm - with mash and gravy!).  Incidentally pud was a treacle sponge the like of which I have never ever tasted again!  :)

You must try rabbit! in a pie with onions and carrots with shortcrust pastry (like my mum and granny both used to make) or as a casserole with apples and cider. The meat is mainly on the legs (due to all that hopping about!)  :happy:

Hey now, Elvira, this is indeed an interesting reply - thank you!

I just like reading such personal memories, but that recipe is maybe one I should ask Mrs Growster when she emerges from her serious book...

... Which may be about December, looking at her now...;0)

xx
Help, need recipe for venison.

Started by Ice on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

26 Replies
Last post June 03, 2007, 11:58
by WG.
xx
Sausages

Started by The Golden Heap on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

22 Replies
Last post January 18, 2014, 19:02
by Lardman
xx
Sausages

Started by Aidy on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

9 Replies
Last post June 16, 2015, 11:12
by Lardman
xx
Does anyone make their own sausages?

Started by Ice on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

7 Replies
Last post March 29, 2009, 00:11
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 30 queries.