Planting Out

• 19 Replies

chris23005

• Experienced Member
Re: Planting Out
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 21:25 »
Courgette plants hate the cold ... I don;t plant mine out until 1st June (only sowed them yesterday ...)

I would pot-on into larger pots and molly-coddle them a while longer yet. (Putting them outside on nice warm days will a) get them used to outdoors temperature / wind etc., but also b) slow down their growth rate.

Planting my courgette into a pot anyway, but it is a big terracotta pot so would be a bit heavy to move in and out!!

Broad beans are now planted - wibbles about the cold night.........! ???

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 08:07 »
The Broad Beans shouldn't mind the cold.  I'll be interested to know how you get on with the Courgettes though ... hopefully the Gulf Stream will bring you some nice tropic temperatures :)

chris23005

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 09:36 »
Will plant courgette out next week when it is a bit warmer hopefully. I have a couple of plants (don't need masses of courgettes or we will get sick of them!) so I can experiment with one outside and leaving one inside for a bit longer.

Siouxfly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 10:26 »
I can comment on courgettes planted out too early as the 4 I had put out are now dead.   
I did know it was risky but I has sown then far too early and they were too big for my windowsill. Still I will know better next year and you should keep them in until the more experienced here advise otherwise I would say.
Re: seagulls  -  I'm right on the coast and seagulls are the most common bird I see, I do actually like them but I don't like when they drop rather large dead fish and other things from a height into my garden. I often have to rewash my washing due to the little pests. Last week I had to remove a huge fish head which was absolutely stinking no wonder the little pests threw that one away!  :ohmy:

chris23005

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 13:53 »
I can comment on courgettes planted out too early as the 4 I had put out are now dead.   
I did know it was risky but I has sown then far too early and they were too big for my windowsill. Still I will know better next year and you should keep them in until the more experienced here advise otherwise I would say.
Re: seagulls  -  I'm right on the coast and seagulls are the most common bird I see, I do actually like them but I don't like when they drop rather large dead fish and other things from a height into my garden. I often have to rewash my washing due to the little pests. Last week I had to remove a huge fish head which was absolutely stinking no wonder the little pests threw that one away!  :ohmy:

Goodness, I had never thought about seagulls dropping dead fish!!! Will never moan about the pigeons again .....!

Agree, re the courgettes - will take my time, thanks for input

xx
planting out

Started by ravenzero1 on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post August 13, 2010, 09:28
by DD.
xx
Planting

Started by Snowboar on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post December 14, 2020, 16:33
by Yorkie
xx
Planting out

Started by Jackypam on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 19, 2016, 21:07
by Jackypam
xx
Planting Now?

Started by Cheshire Phill on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post June 24, 2009, 09:28
by mad mark

Page created in 0.364 seconds with 34 queries.