Where can i buy ducklings online?

• 2 Replies

mona.b101

« on: June 03, 2008, 16:38 »
Hi my names mona, i need to buy two ducklings. My father always spends his time in the garden always creating new ideas, he has just finished a large waterfall with a stream and a very large pond.  

He has always wanted ducks so i thought for his 50th birthday it would give me a greater opportunity to get them for him.  

He is a very loving person and adores animals, esp. small ducklings.

Can you help me? It must be in the UK.

Thanks

Mona

jonny1982

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 16:13 »
You could look online on the ad trader type in your post code to search near to you and look at the livestock page.
I always see different things on there i am selling some ducklings but im a bit far a way from you.
If you are buying ducklings you might need to keep them warm if they are a few days old.
Call ducks are nice as they are small and dont make as much mess of the garden but are noisy. I wouldnt go for large breeds if you have a nice garden.
It could be a better idea to get some young ducks not ducklings as it would be much easier.
You could also try the practical poultry magazine or the small holders magazine they have contact numbers at the back they are listed by counties so you could find somone near you.
Let us know how you get on regards jonny

peggyprice

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 19:03 »
What a lovely idea for a special birthday present (hmm ... note to OH ... February's a bit cold for ducklings but I can always put my birthday off a month or two ... :wink: )  :lol:

I'm sure someone round here will be able to help you (and with the practical details re housing etc) - do let us know how you get on (and don't forget the pictures  :lol: )
Nobody said this was going to be easy ... but some days are better than others!

xx
Online Stores or other ??

Started by stamford on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 19, 2008, 06:57
by stamford
xx
Online store

Started by retribution on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post January 04, 2011, 23:37
by peeppeeps
xx
Pellets online

Started by Ceramictiler on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post October 07, 2011, 12:22
by bantam novice
xx
Where to buy flubenvet 2.5% online?

Started by nuzuki on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post February 11, 2013, 11:14
by nuzuki

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 35 queries.