Nightmare plot holders

• 131 Replies

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2008, 09:59 »
Gawd tugster this woman is a mentalist!!
Im so sorry you are havng these troubles  :(
Get a dictaphone each for you and the lass you share the plot with, then record her conversations, and CCTV is a good idea - a webcam and a laptop for a couple of evenings can crecord her trespassing on your plot
I know you dont want to waste your time catching this weirdo, but you ALSO want to garden ,and the sooner this is resolvd the better

And check your contract, Ive got a clause in mine to say that no plot holder is allowed to cause any trouble to any other (words to that effect) and any complaints must be brought to the attention of the council allotment officer who will make the final decision.
You CANT allow this to go on without putting your foot down mate, the 'stone ruining the eco-system' palavar proves she isnt all the ticket, and I bet shes going to intimidate your plot buddy away sooner than later if you cant get it sorted
You have BOTH your words against hers,so get the bag booted off
Paula
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

kezlou

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2008, 10:01 »
Hi Tugster i'm really sorry about the nightmare you having at your plot.
I would tell the council exactly what's she up too. Keep a record of her behaviour and show it to them. If more evidence is needed just say you can get oral testimonies and visual evidence from other plot holders.

The council might then be forced into giving her a verbal warning to stop her from behaving the way she is. After all she might tamper with something more dangerous and someone could get hurt. The council have a duty of care  to you and it is they responsibility to stop other people from both trespassing and tampering your property in an allotment / public area.
Who needs a guard-dog when you can have cats for guards!

Tugster

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2008, 13:05 »
As much as I did not want to, I have had no choice but to contact the council and inform them of the situation. Mainly so they were aware of my problem should it get worse. The woman from the council was very good and said she would be taking a walk around the allotments and having a chat with people to see if she can pick up any negative vibes.
I have no idea if this is going to make things better or worse. To be honest I would be happy if the nightmare lady just did her thing and I did mine and we never spoke. I would never be moved off my plot by anyone as I have put far to much effort into it.

kezlou

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2008, 14:47 »
So glad you called up the council at least now they know of the situation, should it get worse. No doubt your neighbour will try a kick a bit of fuss up but she will probably back down because the realisation that you are not scared of her.

I just got my plot on Friday and i can sense trouble beginning to brew between me and this very strange man. If any trouble happens i will be having a swift word with him and if it happens again the council will be told.

The other people from the neighbouring plots seem fine other than him, no doubt same situation at you.
Don't give up though because the nightmare lady has probably done the same thing to other people as you and probably thrives off tormenting other plot holders.

Good luck!

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2008, 15:11 »
Tugster so sorry to hear about your neighbour! She obviously has some serious mental issues. As you know I really understand what you are going through! Unfortunately some people are born bullies and its a shame to have to say they exist everywhere in life even on allotments! Personally I would try to get as much photo evidence as possible because who knows what this woman is capable of!! But please stand your ground her type thrive on making other peoples life a misery and love it when they win!

PS~ What colour was your hose I sincerely hope it was green and blended in with the environment :wink:

Jazzbyrd
Do androids dream of electric sheep?

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2008, 15:13 »
Shame you live so far away or I would pay you a visit when she is on  :wink:  I would put her straight, in fact I would get a few mates, some tins and we could have a jolly BBQ, you would probably find she would ask to be moved to another plot.  :lol:  AnaRchY
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Tugster

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2008, 17:36 »
Reading all these replies almost makes me look like I am scared of this woman. This is not the case, if she was a woman in the street giving me this sort of hastle, she would get both barrels from me. I have to look at this from a slightly different angle and consider that she may be a neighbour for some years to come. I have tried the nice approach and done my best to keep her happy. When I took the decision to stop talking to her. It was because I thought if I said nothing then she would not have any of my words to twist. In a perfect world I would be more than glad to shake hands and agree to keep any opinions to ourselves. Anything to clear the air and give me some peace.
This is never going to happen as I genuinly feel she would not be able to resist the temptation to have a little dig.
It made me laugh the other night when I was watching gardeners live from the NEC on BBC2. They were showing a garden that had done all the modern touches (as I have) and Carol Klein said "this is the way gardens and allotments all over the UK are going"
I could imagine the nightmare lady spitting out a mouthfull of earl grey at that comment!!!!

Ygerna

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2008, 17:50 »
Quote from: "Tugster"
It made me laugh the other night when I was watching gardeners live from the NEC on BBC2. They were showing a garden that had done all the modern touches (as I have) and Carol Klein said "this is the way gardens and allotments all over the UK are going"
I could imagine the nightmare lady spitting out a mouthfull of earl grey at that comment!!!!

Find the humour in a situation and it becomes easier to bear. :D  I hope that you can find a way to sort this situation out.

Do keep us posted though wont you :)

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2008, 18:21 »
Tugster
I definately dont think you are scared and I understand the not talking route.  It would usually solve the problem.  Its just that shes a bully and bullies shouldnt win, not over you or over your plotbuddy...she may end up having a go at someone else who does give up their plot because of her intimidaion, and that shouldnt be allowed to happen, she needs nipping in the bud
(or burying under the gooseberry bushes  :shock:  :twisted:  )

Paula

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2008, 19:55 »
Nah I dont feel you are scared of her but in this situation you have to becareful how you handle the situation.In saying this its hard to do what you would normally do under the circumstances.... Its a closed community and you still have to live/garden next door to her for the time being! I really didn't get the impression that anyone thought you were scared!:)

Jazzbyrd

lincspoacher

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2008, 20:03 »
Well the naked truth is that one of you has to go. Either you're either going to have to give in to her, and abandon your plot, or you are going to have to stand up to her, and accumulate the evidence to enable you to make a complaint to the council and  get her chucked off.

Simple as that.

fletch

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2008, 21:07 »
Well the naked truth is that one of you has to go. Either you're either going to have to give in to her, and abandon your plot, or you are going to have to stand up to her, and accumulate the evidence to enable you to make a complaint to the council and get her chucked off.

Simple as that.

I've been reading this thread regularly and I'm afraid I have to agree with the above. The sort of person who comes out with cr*p like "You've taken stones from their environment" is, trust me, not now, not ever going to be a reasonable person.

I feel really sorry for you and I can imagine how annoying it must be to get a plot at last and then a nightmare neighbour like this, but I would be tempted to go down the "get rid of her" route as you have nothing to lose, she is always going to ruin your enjoyment of your plot.
First timer, NOT enjoying the backache anymore!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2008, 21:14 »
One of my failings / positives (delete as appropriate) is a bit of naivety in giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Where others see the reality of the situation, I hope for a better outcome.

So let's not get Tugster too down, and cross our fingers that the council officer has a positive effect  :)

(Then in 6 weeks' time you can all say 'we told you so'!)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

kezlou

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2008, 21:22 »
Tugster you definitely do not appear scared, if you were you'd have the left the site and not bothered to stay as far as i'm concerned your just getting on with it.

The council way will work i'm sure, Tugster has done it the official way which means she should have tremendous support both from the authorities and other plot holders.

Its takes a strong person to handle bullies which Tugster obviously and will do doubt come up trumps!

But if there's a spare pile of newish "manure" in a funny shaped carpet bring it my way and i'll shove it under me beans and peas :twisted:

She'sinthegarden

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2008, 22:09 »
Have you tried telling her that you obviously have very different views about gardening and that you are finding her complaints are amounting to harassment? Just tell her straight that you come to your allotment for peace and you don't want her to talk to you because of her nagging and complaints. If she has a real complaint, tell her she can take it to the council. Tell her the truth, that she's irritating you beyond belief and you won't be speaking to her. You are never going to get on, so why not be up front with her - but calmly and in a matter of fact way, preferrably in front of a witness. Then you can just crack on with your lovely lotty without all this stress. If she tries to speak to you, just repeat calmly that you are not listening and she can complain to the council. If you don't deviate from that, she should give up. Like toddler taming really.
S.i.t.g.

xx
Dealing with bad allotment holders.

Started by corynsboy on Grow Your Own

55 Replies
Last post March 11, 2009, 17:44
by Caddi fuller-teabags
xx
Q for Allotment holders in Kent

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 25, 2015, 11:38
by brianc
xx
PH nightmare

Started by screamingcow on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 23, 2010, 14:28
by savbo
xx
tesco nightmare!!

Started by aelf on Grow Your Own

29 Replies
Last post June 03, 2009, 17:50
by barney rubble

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 35 queries.