Nightmare plot holders

• 131 Replies

Teen76

• Experienced Member
    • Tina's Plot
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2008, 00:34 »
Ok you think yours are bad I had the chairman of the  Allotment Committee pester me as to why I wasn't married to my partner?!?!?!  I was a bit gob smacked I have to say.  I said it was hardly worth it after all these years and he said rather abruptly 'Yes it is!'.

If I was a not such a nice person I would have told him to f*"% off and mind his own business but instead I just ignored him and he sat their looking silly whilst another conversation went on.  The funny thing was that his mate had just been talking about someone's niece spending £36,000 on their wedding!!!  Now why the hell would I do that when the bills, mortgage, food and running a car are all getting higher.  We're very happy as we are anyway.  If anyone has a problem with that, then it is exactly that, their problem!

That's my rant and rave over with  :lol:
Teen

Sven The Swede

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2008, 06:11 »
Quote from: "jazzbyrd"
Mmmmmm like the kind allotment holder that told me I was spending too much money creating raised beds and putting down weed suppressant membrane for my paths. :evil: Ohhh and that I my vegetables would work out to be really expensive per item because of all the cost I am incurring!! He also mentioned that I was wasting space!!To that happy happy man on my site!!.........

I HAVE AN ALLOTMENT  FOR THE FUN AND A HOBBY ~ THE FRESH AIR ~THE VEGETABLES I PRODUCE.......AND I DONT INTEND ON TRYING TO SUPPLY TESCO'S

Each and everyone of us have different requirements/needs etc. so our needs for an allotment will be different for each individual.  Having an allotment is being part of a little mini community. In every community there are irritating people, extremely lovely people and very nosey people! all rolled into the one place.

Phew I think I have finally got this off my chest !!!

Jazzbyrd

Well said Jazzbyrd could not have put it better myself. Me thinks he a bit of a green eyes monster (jealousy) springs to mind. :mrgreen:
I CAME LATE TO THIS GAME, BUT IT'S IN THE BLOOD. I TRY TO BE ORGANIC BUT SORRY HAVE TO USE THE SLUG PELLETS.

compostqueen

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2008, 09:58 »
I agree with that completely, about the Tesco thing. What do some of the old lotty guys do with all those tonnes of veg they grow  :shock:  Hundredweights of runner beans, all the same variety. Row upon row of the same cabbages, thousands of em  :lol:   When they're either widowers or there's just him and the missus  :D

Tugster

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2008, 10:00 »
We were talking about this yesterday at the allotment, loads of stuff gone to seed on some patches, but they would sooner compost them rather than give them away.

Snap Dragon

• I want chickens... and ducks!
    • http://thedragonsden1.blogspot.com/
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2008, 12:18 »
My Mum's lottie neighbour has 3 plots and has just erected a 2nd massive poly tunnel and has filled it with more tomatoes (the 1st has toms and chrysanthemums (sp?))... he is an old guy that lives on his own (but has a lady friend  :wink: ) and spends all day everyday on his plots. He sells tom plants to anyone that wants them but who knows what he's gonna do with his bumper tomato crop?
Snappy 

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter.

matron

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2008, 13:38 »
Quote from: "Teen76"
Ok you think yours are bad I had the chairman of the  Allotment Committee pester me as to why I wasn't married to my partner?!?!?!  I was a bit gob smacked I have to say.  I said it was hardly worth it after all these years and he said rather abruptly 'Yes it is!'.

If I was a not such a nice person I would have told him to f*"% off and mind his own business but instead I just ignored him and he sat their looking silly whilst another conversation went on.  The funny thing was that his mate had just been talking about someone's niece spending £36,000 on their wedding!!!  Now why the hell would I do that when the bills, mortgage, food and running a car are all getting higher.  We're very happy as we are anyway.  If anyone has a problem with that, then it is exactly that, their problem!

That's my rant and rave over with  :lol:

My Dad and step-mum lived together for over 25 years and only got married 18 months ago when she was 60.
As you say, todays cost is so prohibitive. They got married in the registry office and went for a meal afterwards.
Enjoy your life how you want to live it and ignore everyone else - I do.  :lol:

Teen76

• Experienced Member
    • Tina's Plot
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2008, 15:06 »
Don't worry I do Matron  :lol:   They're the same people who say everyone can't garden on our site, so those sorts your best to ignore until they say something useful I think.

Glen

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2008, 21:09 »
We have one on our site who comments on whatever my father-in-law and i do. It really started to get to me to the point of me being rude.

The most annoying thing is he gives his advise then always ends his sentence with "but you probably know more than me"! aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I share the above frustrations and take comfort in the fact i am not the only one with a twit as a neighbour!

Teen76

• Experienced Member
    • Tina's Plot
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2008, 21:35 »
Yes nice to get it of your chest too!  Why can't people just keep their opinions to themselves.  I don't mind advice don't get me wrong, just when they ask personal questions or become patronising that's what starts to annoy me.

My trouble is I take it to heart too much and take it home with me and boil over it for the rest of the day.  I wish I didn't as its not healthy.

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2008, 22:39 »
Yep strange folks on allotments---I have followed this thread with interest. Its nice to know that others are having this problem. My plot has been designed in a similar way to Tugsters! During the time that we have been turning our plot from a totally overgrown weed infested plot to a neat and tidy plot - we have had two people that feel fit to pass on negative comments about ours!I am sure the same people had enough to say about the weed ridden plot before we took it over!! During the time I have been an allotment holder - I have only voiced my positive comments about other holders plots even when they are untidy and full of weeds! When I first started work on ours and I received negative comments ...I would try to justify what I was doing with my plot!! I no longer do this! My plot is mine and I do with it what I want! These days I smile, say hello, answer questions, ask questions and I dont hold lengthy conversations with the negative people!! (this is for my own sanity)  :wink:  :wink:
You know who you are!! :D

Jazzbyrd
Do androids dream of electric sheep?

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2008, 22:43 »
how on earth can people be such pain in the beehind is beyond me!
How CAN you give negative comments to someone who is working so hard?
I do hope I dont get one of these people near me when I get my keys
OH wont be able to resist saying something back I can feel it in my bones

:?
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Teen76

• Experienced Member
    • Tina's Plot
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2008, 23:01 »
I'll hold yer coat peapod  :lol:

chippie295

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2008, 23:15 »
Peapod, we shouldnt have read this before we get our plots! I'm getting wound up already.  I'm trying to do some cosmic ordering (eat your heart out Noel Edmonds) for some great allotment neighbours!

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2008, 23:16 »
heh heh teen :-)

reading some of these posts makes me want to

cooperman

• Experienced Member
  • glass bottle bottle glass
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2008, 00:01 »
hmmm 'tis a weeird old world...........
Now my neighbour (Len, 75+) is the nicest block going, always a cheery word, great advice and helpful..... now the other immediate neighbour, although not rude never even says hello unless prompted..... but thats compensated by the chap next to him (Charlie) who always comes over for a chat and even profors the odd bit of produce....!!  hmmmmm
Death OR Cake ???

xx
Dealing with bad allotment holders.

Started by corynsboy on Grow Your Own

55 Replies
Last post March 11, 2009, 17:44
by Caddi fuller-teabags
xx
Q for Allotment holders in Kent

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 25, 2015, 11:38
by brianc
xx
PH nightmare

Started by screamingcow on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 23, 2010, 14:28
by savbo
xx
tesco nightmare!!

Started by aelf on Grow Your Own

29 Replies
Last post June 03, 2009, 17:50
by barney rubble

Page created in 0.422 seconds with 36 queries.