Shortage of Flubenvet?

• 17 Replies

Helenaj

Shortage of Flubenvet?
« on: October 16, 2012, 06:52 »
Has anyone noticed a shortage of Flubenvet? I've tried umpteen suppliers online and all are out of stock - the message on the sites state that it is due to a manufacturer issue. Has the company gone through?

I may have to resort to the medicated pellets, but with 40 hens it is very expensive compared to the powder.

Sassy

Re: Shortage of Flubenvet?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 08:29 »
Yes. I have been unable to obtain Flubenvet. They have recently come under the auspices of another company. When I contacted the company with a query I did receive a prompt reply. I have not chased up the supply or lack of it with them as I lost nearly all my poultry in recent flooding. :(
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

Helenaj

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 10:33 »
Oh Sassy, so sorry to hear about the loss of your hens. My compound gets flooded pretty badly as well (it's next to a river), but all of the hens' accommodation is on high ground and at no risk from the flood. The first time it flooded though it frightened me to death, so I can only imagine what you have gone through.

loretta cluck

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 12:56 »
Read last night in "Your Chickens" magazine, announcement from Marriages that they were currently out of stock and would not be producing any layers pellets with Flubenvet, in the very immediate future, however hoping to resume production shortly once the stocks of Flubenvet were available.....how long is a piece of string?

jhub

• jane
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 16:04 »
Oh Sassy, how horrible for you.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 16:38 »
Our local store had some last time I was in.

www.farmway.co.uk/corporate/

They also do their own brand of layers pellets with the flubenvet added.   ;)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Helenaj

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 06:27 »
Thanks ANHBUC. Unfortunately, the nearest store to me is 186 miles away, so that may work out a litttle expensive!  :lol:

ANHBUC

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 13:19 »
Thanks ANHBUC. Unfortunately, the nearest store to me is 186 miles away, so that may work out a litttle expensive!  :lol:

I got my first lot online so you could ring Farmway to see if they can post to you.  You may have to email saying what hens you have and are going to use it on.  Just so they have a record for the Authorities with it being a medicine.

Helenaj

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 09:26 »

I got my first lot online so you could ring Farmway to see if they can post to you.  You may have to email saying what hens you have and are going to use it on.  Just so they have a record for the Authorities with it being a medicine.

Oh, silly me - I didn't notice the online shop! I shall have another look. Doh!  :)

ANHBUC

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 11:19 »

Oh, silly me - I didn't notice the online shop! I shall have another look. Doh!  :)

I don't think they have an online shop now.  I meant if you ring them they might be able to post it out to you. 

JaK

• Happy half plot.

Sassy

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 08:33 »
My 2 local Farmways do not have stock. I do wonder if there is a licensing problem as that is often the reason when a medicine goes awol! :)

ANHBUC

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 11:21 »
My 2 local Farmways do not have stock. I do wonder if there is a licensing problem as that is often the reason when a medicine goes awol! :)

Have just rang our local Farmway and spoke to Katie, they are also out of the Flubenvet.  There is an issue with the packaging from what she has been told.  They do still have supplies to make up their own layers pellets with the added Flubenvet. 

If anyone would like to order some from Farmway in Stokesley it is £14 plus £4.95 postage for a 25 kg sack.  This would be enough to treat 20 - 25 chickens for 7 days.  There telephone number is 01642 717600 . 

Katie is also going to speak to the rep to find out when normal supplies are expected and let me know.  As soon as I hear more I will let you all know.   ;)

ANHBUC

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 20:12 »
I have just received the following emai from Katie at Farmway of Stokesley.

Many thanks for your enquiry regarding Flubenvet availability, just a brief update for you.

We have been informed by our suppliers it should be in stock and with us for the first week of November, I am however airing on the side of caution and will confirm when we have received stock as we have already been given two dates that have come and gone!

Many thanks for your time

Kind regards

Katie Bullock
Country Store Manager
Farmway Stokesley

thechicken

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 07:54 »
I have a spare pot - unopened. Disaster on the internet and bought 2. As I only have 2 chickens think the one pot will last me a lifetime so more than happy to send it on to you. let me know if you are interested

xx
Flubenvet shortage?

Started by Helenaj on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 01, 2015, 06:08
by Helenaj
xx
flubenvet shortage!!

Started by andy46 on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post November 22, 2012, 19:43
by ANHBUC
xx
A shortage of shavings.

Started by Bodger on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post December 11, 2008, 18:29
by Roughlee Handled
xx
egg laying shortage!!

Started by R66VEY on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 19, 2008, 21:07
by R66VEY

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 37 queries.