Winter festival Cake - when to people make?

• 91 Replies

chrissie B

Re: Winter festival Cake - when to people make?
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2012, 19:04 »
ha ha i posted pics , sorry i just allways have problems
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

chrissie B

« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2012, 22:34 »
ok daughter did cake number 2 at mine with a combanation of chocolate lemon and lime , hope this one tastes ok shes got the bug and i get the mess and a bit of cake if im lucky ha ha
chrissie b

chrissie B

« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2012, 23:09 »
finally got the crimbo cake made and im very happy its round and deep got nuts and cherries in the top all shiny so very happy
chrissie b

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2012, 23:12 »
Sorry you've been talking to yourself on this one Chrissie! lol   not read this post for a while.

You've been really busy lately!  :)

I marzipanned my 3  little cakes the other day.  Taking the smallest one down to Kent with me for my daughter.  Her family don't like fruit cake, so she never buys one for herself.  It's marzipanned, but I will ice it when I get down there next week.

Got 3 tiny decorations for it though!   :)

sarajane

« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2012, 07:23 »
I just popped in here to see if Chrissie had found time to make her cake too.  Sounds lovely Chrissie.

Enjoy your jolly in Kent Grannie.

Mrs Bee

« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2012, 09:36 »
ok daughter did cake number 2 at mine with a combanation of chocolate lemon and lime , hope this one tastes ok shes got the bug and i get the mess and a bit of cake if im lucky ha ha
chrissie b

Well done for enthusing your daughter, Chrissie. While not exactly on topic, I think my son might be following in his mother's footsteps too :D
He took over the kitchen last night to make some Christmas pudding vodka for Chrimbo presents and a secret Santa.  :D :D
As he used my ingredients I hope I get a taste :lol:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2012, 12:53 »
Aww that's good!  I do love it when the youngsters get interested in these things.  Eldest granddaughter said she wants to be a cook, then slightly changed her mind and said she'll pay the cook, she just wants to own a restaurant/nightclub!!    :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sarahjane.  I only get to see my daughter, her family and my other friends and cousin a couple of times a year.

Not allowed to go down very often as himself gets lonely without me and doesn't like coming with me.  Which is okay as they don't like seeing him!   :lol: :lol:

Mrs Bee

« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2012, 16:22 »

Thanks Sarahjane.  I only get to see my daughter, her family and my other friends and cousin a couple of times a year.

Not allowed to go down very often as himself gets lonely without me and doesn't like coming with me.  Which is okay as they don't like seeing him!   :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

That is sad,  :(sounds as if you should borrow my old cane. ;)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2012, 16:50 »
2 lots of Almond Biscotti now made ( the first lot got well sampled - for quality control  :blush: )

and in my on-going search for a Panettone recipe that doesn't take 3 days  ::) there's another trial in the oven now  :)

Though I think I may have to invest in some orange flower water to get them exactly right, as zesting oranges/lemons doesn't seem to give quite the same results  ::)
We'll see what this one is like first  :)

Mrs Bee

« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2012, 18:38 »
I find the orange flower water too perfumey for my taste, I just double up on the rind.

I have been so busy cooking for other people that I have done precious little for our own Christmas.
 :ohmy:
So it will be a massive mince pie bake, stollen and Dutch Christmas ring seesion this Sunday, now I have cleared the freezer. :wacko:

Will also try and get the coffee, cardomom and hazelnut biscotti and all the stuffings for the Christmas bird done and in the freezer too.

Do any of you ladies think that Christmas would have died out by now if it were left to the fellas to organise? ::)  I love Boxing Day.

chrissie B

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2012, 23:17 »
no probs every ones very busy at the moment .
had to laugh at the daughter like you mrs ball she usd all my stuff and electeric on both cakes i had to wait a week for the first bit , it wasent a bad cake with the trex it had a crumbly texture moist but needs to have flavour added second cake she pit lemon and lime in and chunks of chocolate ,
im happy with my crimbo cake just bathed it in rum its deep carnt wait to cut into it and have promised my greek friend who is mad for fruit cake that i would bake her one next june when we go back for a visit .i once did her a huge square one and she ate the whole thing in a week .
i got a mag the other day with a lovley ginger house on the frontinside it had a good idea for 2 cakes from one which was cutting the centre out of a round cake which left a ring for the other cake if you wanted a different cake .
chrissie b

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2012, 15:16 »
Finished icing this morning - just in time  :blink:

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2012, 18:59 »
Awww that's lovely MoS. I was very late making a cake this year due to the move, nly made it last week. don't know how it will turn out. Found a very fruity recipe, discounted all the fruit in it and made a mix of what I had in the cupboard up to the weight over a kilo, tis a very heavy cake. Used figs, dates, apricots and some peel-free mixed fruit from Lidl, with cranberries and other fruits. And cherries.

But I am afraid I didn't take that much care in decorating, very plain and lumpy as I forgot to buy icing so used an open pack I had, it is a bit thin!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2012, 19:10 »
It sounds a lovely recipe, tosca - and let's face it how long does anyone spend looking at it before it is cut? Proof of the cake is in the eating :blink:

'Twas funny last week - son-in-law won an iced cake in a raffle, I thought "great won't have to ice this one" but the next day he said "you are still making us a cake aren't you? This one isn't as nice as yours always are"

No pressure on me then   ::)

chrissie B

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2013, 20:26 »
lovley cakes
chrissie b

xx
Posr your winter festival cake recipe please.

Started by JaK on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

5 Replies
Last post November 15, 2011, 20:15
by sunshineband
xx
'Winter Festival Pudding' help please

Started by rhysdad on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post November 18, 2011, 07:16
by Swing Swang
xx
Vegetarian winter Festival Dinner

Started by daisy1990 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

17 Replies
Last post August 28, 2011, 11:31
by joyfull
xx
talking of winter festival cakes

Started by mumofstig on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post October 05, 2012, 18:45
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 37 queries.