My Fran hung herself by accident!!

• 4 Replies

loretta cluck

• Experienced Member
My Fran hung herself by accident!!
« on: September 09, 2012, 12:00 »
Wanted to share this one as so lucky it has a happy ending..... Had to have one of my 6 girls put to sleep at the beginning of the week so have felt a bit sluffed all week...anyway, my 5 girls had been out in the garden all day yesterday...I leave them to it, and just pop out, in and amongst to check they're behaving....  Around tea time I heard my Fran, who is the most vocal, making a bit of noise and then all went quiet....looked from the kitchen door to see her hanging, eyes shut and her head wedged in between a "V" shaped joint in one of the bushes.  She'd jumped up to try and grab one of the few green leaves that remain, caught her head, and her feet were unable to touch the ground.....  Dashed out and had to pick her up, at which point she was floppy and think she had passed out....at the time I thought I'd lost her, and after a few seconds, whilst still in my arms, she opened her eyes, looked horrified that she was being cuddled by her Mum, shrieked for me to get the heck off her, and off she toddled with the others......Phew!!!!!  So glad I checked what the noise was about...They do put you through it!!!!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: My Fran hung herself by accident!!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 13:04 »
That was a lucky escape!  :)

They are a worry though the things they get up to!  :(

sneezer

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 15:19 »
What was the chances of that happening? what a lucky little hen.... :)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 17:05 »
Bet it won't stop her jumping up for any greenery in the future!   ::) :lol:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

compostqueen

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 23:04 »
Phew! What a relief. Good job you were on hand.  I only let mine free range if I was about and watching them like a hawk  :D

sad
A tragic accident in the coop

Started by Lindeggs on Chicken Chat

20 Replies
Last post December 10, 2011, 17:47
by LittleRedHen

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 27 queries.