Just wanted to say hello!

• 2 Replies

lesleym

Just wanted to say hello!
« on: August 16, 2012, 20:10 »
Hello everyone, I've been a member on here since April when I first got my lovely chooks!. I have, by browsing around on here found lots of very helpful information and  entertaining posts! . I have never kept chooks before, we have always talked about it and, have finally got round to actually doing it!.

I have 4 lovely hybrid chooks and have had them since they were 19 weeks old. Can't begin to say what joy and entertainment they have brought to my, my husband and daughters lives!.
I have never posted on here before but have decided to take the plunge and join in  :)

Our girls are called, Madge, Janice, Jacqueline, after the Benidorm characters, and Dory ( name by my daughter ). We  love them all to bits!!. All our girlie's are laying well and have become a huge part of our family. We also have a cat who, keeps a good distance from the girls when they are free ranging round the garden, which is quite surprising as he is terrible for catching wild life!. we have a labbie cross dog called Bailey who is very interested in the chooks and we have to keep him indoors when they are out having had a close shave with poor Jacqueline!!. Luckily she survived being grabbed by the dog and a trip to the vets, my husband being £25 lighter and having had a good ear bashing from me!. I was at work at the time of the incident.

I really enjoy reading everyone's posts and photos and look forward to reading many more and learning even more about the wonderful world of chook keeping. thank you all for teaching me so much!. very best wishes to you all and all your lovely ladies! x
reading gives us somewhere to go when we have to stay where we are!

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Just wanted to say hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 21:30 »
A warm welcome to the site lesleym.  Glad you decided to join in the fun.  Don't forget to post some photos of your lovely girls and of course the cat and dog.  We do love seeing other members pets.   :D
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

morbidia

• Experienced Member
Re: Just wanted to say hello!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 22:22 »
Hi, they are good fun aren't they,I have three exbatts and wouldn't be wihout my girls now,I thought about keeping chickens for years but thought it would be too difficult, now I wish I had done it years ago
One of our cats is a proper hunter but he won't go near my girls, they gang up on him if he gets too close and he has been pecked on the nose so has now learned his lesson :D

clip
Saw this and just wanted to share it.

Started by nerdle on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2021, 14:31
by nerdle
xx
wanted coop plans

Started by mugins on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post August 14, 2010, 00:00
by mozza15
xx
Always wanted a chicken outside the kitchen.............

Started by tosca100 on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post April 17, 2012, 20:38
by Thrift
xx
wanted female mallard ducks

Started by chris999666 on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post November 14, 2013, 06:54
by chris999666

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 27 queries.