Odd Cockerel Behaviour

• 2 Replies

Prod

Odd Cockerel Behaviour
« on: August 06, 2012, 10:10 »
My Welsummer boy (Buster) is less than a year old. I got him at the same time as my original 5 girls (now have 2 more)  He and the Columbian Blacktail (Margo) seem inseperable and are always together. Margo will not lay eggs unless I let her in the shed where she lays in the straw bale.  Buster usually waits inside the shed till she lays.  Today he got into the wood chip bag (next to the straw bag) and mimicked Margo's behaviour i.e shuffling around and making soft rosey noises.  I picked him up (which is normally a hard thing to do) and put him outside  but he just went back in and did the same. He was very docile and compliant  when usually outside I cannot catch him and he definately 'treads@ the other girls.     Has anyone else noticed this kind of behaviour??? :wacko: :wacko:

PaulineM

Re: Odd Cockerel Behaviour
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 14:00 »
I'll be really interested in any replies you get to this thread as I have a young cockerel who likes to stand outside the nestboxes when some of the hens are in laying and we have even seen him in the nestboxes too  ???
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Odd Cockerel Behaviour
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 14:08 »
some do and will even squeeze into the nest box with the hens whilst they are laying - perhaps they are just very paternal  ;)
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
Behaviour

Started by Springlands on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 08, 2012, 20:55
by Springlands
xx
behaviour ???

Started by dawnie77 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 30, 2011, 16:04
by SoniaBA
xx
Behaviour

Started by SurreyLass on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 02, 2011, 18:26
by SurreyLass
xx
Odd behaviour?

Started by Carolf on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post August 01, 2011, 13:47
by Carolf

Page created in 0.432 seconds with 29 queries.