peach fruits disappeared

• 6 Replies

nemie

peach fruits disappeared
« on: July 16, 2012, 00:00 »
I wonder if anyone can help, this year I had a good 60 peaches on my tree, of course unripe and size of a big marble, now they seem to have disappeared as in gone no more, in fact its quite odd none on the floor none with bird bites in and still in the tree.

I have maybe 3 left, can this happen some years? Last year one of my apple trees did not fruit but this year it is doing fine, so peach trees sometimes do this?

grendel

Re: peach fruits disappeared
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 00:18 »
my plum tree did that last year, All I could think was someone had come along and pinched them.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

Paul Plots

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 01:41 »
my plum tree did that last year, All I could think was someone had come along and pinched them.
Grendel

That would make sense - can't think they'd shrivel and vanish altogether.  :blink: :unsure:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Trillium

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 04:33 »
Despite late frost damage, I did have a modest amount of peaches left on my tree.... until June drop came along, for whatever reason, and lots fell off!  :(

Can't guess where yours went unless squirrels have been pinching them, or 2 footed squirrels but they couldn't possibly be ripe yet as mine aren't and I've had loads of heat and sun here. I wonder if hungry birds took them?

Paul Plots

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 05:38 »
Despite late frost damage, I did have a modest amount of peaches left on my tree.... until June drop came along, for whatever reason, and lots fell off!  :(

Can't guess where yours went unless squirrels have been pinching them, or 2 footed squirrels but they couldn't possibly be ripe yet as mine aren't and I've had loads of heat and sun here. I wonder if hungry birds took them?

We had a crow swiping the little goldfish from the pond so it wouldn't surprise me.

Could, on the other hand, it be foxes picking up the dropped fruit? Around here they even try gnawing through plastic plant labels and rubber tree ties.  :mellow:

MichelleC

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 07:28 »
My sister has a peach tree in a large tub down on the allotment. The peaches were the same size as yours and one day they all disappeared. No stones were about. We guessed birds or rats. X

mobilekat

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 07:48 »
Squirrels are real nightmare for fruit around here, and they take the whole thing even if they are not ripe....

Did nearly crash my car recently when drove down the farmtrack at my aunts to meet a squirrel and large strawberry coming the other way :ohmy:- her response involved asking why I swerved!!! ( they live by woods and the squirrels have had more fruit than they have this year!!)
Very often quite lost- would be more lost if I could work out where I was!- But always find my way home.....

xx
Leeks disappeared

Started by andyjwill on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 28, 2009, 20:38
by chucky chuck chuck
smiley
My pears have disappeared

Started by Meggie on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 21, 2010, 08:10
by willowman
xx
Lettuce disappeared over night

Started by azk404 on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 13, 2022, 18:48
by azk404
xx
fruits

Started by pwgun on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post November 28, 2006, 12:13
by John

Page created in 0.439 seconds with 36 queries.