What tomatoes are you growing?

• 68 Replies

DoubleDigger

Re: What tomatoes are you growing?
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2012, 12:55 »
Tamina, 4th year from the same packet  :blush:  I only sow about 6 just after Christmas, then grow on the rest from 'rooted' side-shoots.

Bull's Heart...again, half a dozen from seed, then 'root' & grow on the side shoots & as the early plants get tired, & go to the compost bin, I grow on some more for late production.

Had the first Bull's Heart yesterday from the Greenho...... sorry - the Conservatory  :nowink:

They're late ripening this year....so little sun......but they're about 9' high so I'm not sure 'Conservatory' quite describes the set-up.

Headgardener22

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2012, 20:42 »
I'm now growing cougi blue, and various others!!

Where do people get their seeds from? I've been looking to buy some blue tomato seeds but the only place I've found any is on ebay and I don't know whether they would be any good.

lacaya

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2012, 21:32 »

Where do people get their seeds from? I've been looking to buy some blue tomato seeds but the only place I've found any is on ebay and I don't know whether they would be any good.

That's where I got my tomato seeds this year and although I tend to knock eBay for various reasons, the seeds I've bought have all come up and are in flower. If I'd put them in earlier I expect they'd have little toms by now.

Have a look at these sellers: "JUST SEED is a UK based supplier of popular, heritage and rare seeds. We are DEFRA registered supplying high quality seed in small and large packets". Also, Premier Seed is another supplier that I have used before on that site.  If you do a search of the shops you should be able to find them.

I have a huge silk tassel bush and some beautiful hebes that I bought as tiny plants from eBay and I used to sell on there myself so can say, with hand on heart, that it's possible to get good things there  :)

mattwragg94

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2012, 10:08 »
i would agree with lacaya on premier seeds on ebay - they are a popular, reliable and good value for money shop on ebay!  :D

ive also just found another good seeds site - type seed parade into google! ;)

Headgardener22

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2012, 21:30 »
OK thanks, I've normally bought mine from Nicky's Seeds, they're good, reliable and have always given quality. Neither Nicky's seeds nor Premier Seeds have any Blue Tomatoes, the only ones on ebay are from China or the US. I'll keep looking ready for next year.  :(

Selfsufficientme

• Self Sufficient Me
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2012, 15:37 »
Currently, I have several romas ripening nicely and one awesome yellow cherry which has been producing golfball size fruit all winter (QLD Aust) - up watching the cricket at the moment  ;)

I have some tigerella, yellow ox, more roma, red pear, and grosse lissie coming up in stations (all started from seed) the progress is a little slow due to the cool weather but going to replant them soon into rows along a trellis.

Hopefully, we'll have good plants ready for fruit in spring before the summer rains hit which pretty well means the end of growing tomatoes in my region (large type anyway).

Been writing down some of the varieties I've seen in this thread to search ebay seeds - so many to try next season.  :)

Headgardener22

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2012, 16:06 »

Been writing down some of the varieties I've seen in this thread to search ebay seeds - so many to try next season.  :)

I found a place called Tomatofest in California that has a large selection of tomatoes. I suppose the only question is whether seeds from plants from hot climates would work well in a cold damp UK (although Queensland is probably OK  :D)

Sean.

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2012, 14:02 »
Cherry tomatoes (red and yellow) and Spanish tomatoes

mattwragg94

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2012, 14:12 »
Neither Nicky's seeds nor Premier Seeds have any Blue Tomatoes, the only ones on ebay are from China or the US. I'll keep looking ready for next year.  :(

Im growing Blue osu/ Indego rose this year and hoping to save seeds from it, so if i have any spare at the end of the year i will PM you  ;)

xx
Growing tomatoes outside

Started by Christine on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post March 19, 2009, 18:16
by Yorkie
xx
Growing Tomatoes

Started by gtdevon on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post March 18, 2016, 10:24
by mumofstig
xx
Growing Tomatoes

Started by mrs bouquet on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 07, 2020, 21:01
by Growster...
xx
help with growing tomatoes

Started by samnorfolk on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 17, 2013, 15:44
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.824 seconds with 27 queries.