more sickness!

• 2 Replies

betty

• Experienced Member
more sickness!
« on: November 05, 2007, 13:28 »
O.K.- I'm just not having any luck with chickens.  Now 3 of the pullets have bubbles comming out of their eyes, and the mommy is sitting around like a she's cold with her head down close to her shoulders.  She drinks water, and ate some bread, the pullets ate some food last night and drank water, but not moving around much today.  What the heck? I know they are all going to end up with the same thing.  What do I do now? Why are they so sick, I think I'm going to end up with a lot of death.  I have put so much money into building the coop and putting in a nice fence, vet visit, good food, and I enjoy them so much.  What do I do now?  Recomend something, I'll do my best to help them.

Bodger

more sickness!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 13:39 »
I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles. Have a look at this lot.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Coryza&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB

When I get home this evening, I'll have a look at a very good book that I have and get back to you. Its an American book called The Backyard Flock by a man called Mike Strecker. It deals with just about all chicken problems and comes up with practical answers. I use it as my bible when it comes to chicken ailments. See if you can get hold of a copy.

betty

• Experienced Member
coryza
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 14:33 »
Thank you I went to the sight, sounds like they have Coryza.  Great.  It is very bad.  The lady I bought them from is a real @#*#!.  She knew they were sick when she sold them to me.  Well I guess I have to call the vet now and get more meds.  I just got done giveing them Ivermectin and worming them, now I have to give them more meds.  Sounds to me like they are going to be over medicated. Boy, I hope everything will be alright. Thank You for the advice.  I'm just so confused about all this, but I'll take care of them the best I can.

xx
Sickness in the flock...

Started by isobel on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 13, 2013, 12:19
by grinling
xx
Recurring sickness new chickens

Started by sharper35 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 07, 2011, 14:35
by joyfull

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 29 queries.