bantams and chickens

• 3 Replies

sussexchook

• Experienced Member
bantams and chickens
« on: May 19, 2012, 18:58 »
this mite sound a little daft but im thinking about getting some bantams and i just wanted to know if they will be ok with my other hens i have a light sussex a buff orpington 1 i think is a black rock or similar and i have 3 hybrid hens that look like ex batteries please help!

grinling

Re: bantams and chickens
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 19:04 »
My bantam and speckledy have always been fine, original lot were, orpington, 4 large and 2 bantams. BIL warrens will go for his bantams so they are seperate.

PaulineM

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 21:35 »
Hi

They would be fine mixed together, I have 10 hens 2 of which are bantams, infact my bantam leghorn is the top hen  :tongue2:

We also prefer the bantam eggs, although I think I'm right in saying some bantam breeds are very prone to being broody  ::)
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 09:26 »
I have let mine freerange together as the bantams have plenty of room to escape a peck that way.  I was hoping to put them all together in their new walk in run (nearly finished).  As both of my bantams have chicks at the moment we have had to section off 2 areas for the 2 broods.  The mums are still fighting each other when they are let out to freerange.  I will try letting just the chicks out together as it would make it easier if they were all together.  They are around 5 weeks old so hoping their mums loose interest soon and let them leave home!  :wub:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

xx
bantams & chickens

Started by skuzzle on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 25, 2008, 17:28
by Vember
xx
Chickens & bantams together?

Started by Mum2mj on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 23, 2013, 08:02
by frenchliving
xx
Bantams and chickens

Started by Ellen Portess on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 30, 2007, 14:01
by Ellen Portess
xx
What makes bantams claws different from normal LF chickens?

Started by nuzuki on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post May 14, 2013, 22:27
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.382 seconds with 36 queries.