Bottleneck!!

• 23 Replies

Growster...

Re: Bottleneck!!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 22:55 »
Good as I've forgotten to refleece my tubs of spuds.  I'm getting dizzy  :D   I had earthed some over but they've seemingly grown six inches over night (who'd have thought it in this winter chill) and they're a bit vulnerable so I've been fleecing them at night. Til tonight that is  :nowink:

Not sure where you are CQ, but it seems to be colder across the north than the south tonight!

Hope all goes OK anyway!

I often muck around with cloches in the dark, and get a huge rocket from Mrs G for walking around with mud etc at 11.00 pm...

compostqueen

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 22:57 »
My Longrow cloches are in tatters  >:( 

I don't like going down the garden after dark as it's pitch black and there's always some ruddy cat just waiting to leap out on me. One local moggy actually sprayed me the dirty devil  :nowink:

Growster...

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 23:01 »
My favourite mistake is to forget to shut the greenouse door, and all manner of things leap out at that time of night, often reminding me of Maybugs, which are pretty foul at the best of times...

The dog is due out in a minute, and she'll probably want to find the toad she hasn't seen for a few days...

It's going to be a long night...;0)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 11:09 »
So how did you all do?

No frost here and just checked the greenhouse and everyone is OK - phew  :)

Very cloudy here so can't see us getting a frost tonight then supposed to be getting milder again  :happy:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 11:18 »
I was surprised to see that I had begun 'an experiment' by leaving one of my flowering Gartenperle toms outside by mistook! ooops  ::)
It looks a bit sad but it's not turned blue so it may survive - time will tell  :dry:

It got down to 5C (in the greenhouse) so lower outside, but because of the continued cloud cover we had no frost. The beans and courgettes under the poly tent in the greenhouse look fine.

it's still chilly here today so stuff can stay indoors - but forecast looks better for tomorrow so It'll all be going back into the g/h in the morning.
Lets hope that was the last cold snap!

grendel

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 11:22 »
I'm still waiting to get peas and beans sowed, all my plastic mini greenhouses are full, its been too wet to clear the shed and rebuild as a greenhouse, so I have run out of anywhere at home to sow anything, and the plot is too wet to plant straight out, this year everything is going to be late, the only things planted are potatoes and onions, and I havent managed to check those for weeks either, so I too am bottlenecked, just waiting for the rain to stop for more than a day now.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

compostqueen

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 11:30 »
We had a frost but it's fine now and the sun has put in an appearance.  Sowing day today come what may  :D

shokkyy

• Mishka
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 13:17 »
We didn't get any frost. After tonight, my local forecast is showing nothing below 7 degree overnight in the next 5 days, with a min of 12 degrees on Wed night. The long term met is looking like it might start turning warmer from next weekend on. I'm making my third and final attempt at sowing my Alderman peas, completely enclosed in 4mm wire mesh, hopefully the ultimate mouse barrier :)

compostqueen

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 22:20 »
I went to the plot and looked at my pea sowings. One has risen to the surface  :D

Page created in 0.781 seconds with 30 queries.