Cracked chick feeder problem!

• 2 Replies

rileyfin

• Experienced Member
Cracked chick feeder problem!
« on: May 04, 2012, 11:59 »
Hey guys,
I was on here a while ago to see if anybody could recommend a chick feeder that would cut the waste :blink:, nobody had any real ideas but i've cracked it and thought I would share  :D

I have tried everything the long chick feeder with the guards, egg boxes, bowls, the glass pudding bowls from Guu (they have to be older for these as sides are high) the red/white plastic round chick feeder, the green/white jamjar type feeder all resulting in more feed on broody floor than in the chicks! A 2kg bag did not last 5 mins, and 70% ended up in bin  :ohmy: My chicks would even use the food bowl as a dust bath and ignore the bath I had put in - little devils  :tongue2:

Well I've cracked it, or Eton have. I went on ebay and bought an eton chick feeder. It is a round plastic feeder with a red base, white body and a red lid. It has spokes at base so the chicks cannot dig the food out with their feet, it has good flow so the chick crumb/pellet is in constant supply and NO WASTE!!!! :tongue2:

Even better the 1kg only costs approx £3, and you can get 3kg too - of which I have also invested in. Please not for the first few days I use the little plantpot trays until the chicks find their feet.

So chick hatchers, save yourselves a fortune - hehehe.
Hope you find this helpful and happy hatching!    :wacko:

splash101

Re: Cracked chick feeder problem!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 12:11 »
I bought one yesterday from my local supplier for my broody and her 3 day old chicks, and now seeing what the 2 day old chicks in the brooder are doing, i will be getting another one  :D

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Re: Cracked chick feeder problem!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 12:37 »
We have one....to stop the lab wolfing the pellets down in one! :ohmy: Hopefully we will notice her missing before she can get too much! ::)

xx
Chick crumb feeder problem

Started by rileyfin on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 16, 2012, 08:13
by jennie hennie
xx
New Chick arrived 2 days ago am worried about water feeder

Started by French Chick on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 15, 2010, 11:01
by Casey76
xx
Got that problem with slugs living in you feeder?

Started by Roughlee Handled on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 04, 2008, 15:04
by Bodger
xx
chick still got problem

Started by Tony H on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 14, 2012, 09:28
by Casey76

Page created in 0.54 seconds with 28 queries.