Looking for bantam suppliers in Dorset

• 4 Replies

Spid

• Finesthour Cats - RagaMuffin and Selkirk Rex
Looking for bantam suppliers in Dorset
« on: April 28, 2012, 21:53 »
Hi there, I am new (in adulthood - had chooks as a child) and have finally persuaded hubby to keep some now. I am looking for bantam suppliers in Dorset or surrounding counties - I've been in contact with a few but not had too much luck yet - I am looking for a couple of Pekins (not having too much problem finding suppliers), a silkie, a gold or blue laced wyandotte and poss an orpington or two. I would like to find one or two suppliers nearish to each other so I could pick them all up on the same day to help them integrate. Any one have any suggestions? Also would it be possible to pick up 8 week olds and have them go straight outside - if not what age could?

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Looking for bantam suppliers in Dorset
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 23:16 »
Hi Spid, here is our list for Dorset, have you tried any of these?

Should be okay for 8 week olds to go straight out, but if they have been kept inside so far, it may be an idea to keep them in for a few days, then acclimatise them gradually to outside.

Spid

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 12:58 »
Thanks for replying - Yep, tried all of Dorset, Devon, Wiltshire, and Somerset. Have found a couple now but a lot of links to websites didn't work or the website no longer existed and am awaiting replies on about 20 emails. Just wondered if anyone here knew anyone not on the list that might have what I was looking for. Have started thinking about getting some hatching eggs but in a quandary about what to do with the cockerels - could grow them on and then cull and feed them to us or the dog (she has a raw diet) etc. Lots of research needed. The ones I'm having the most trouble finding are gold laced orpingtons and blue laced wyandotte (all bantams).

Blodwin

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 21:53 »
Hi I recently bought some bantam chicks 8 in fact and they are now 6 weeks old. I bought the chicks from Annie Halls poultry farm near Siston, Pucklechurch, South Gloucestershire   They didn't have the breeds you are looking for but that's not to say they never have them or could suggest where to get them from.  I found them very helpful, if you put the name into google their website shows up.  Hope this is of some help.

Spid

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 17:22 »
Thank you

smiley
Breeders in Dorset

Started by Rubyroo on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 21, 2011, 16:28
by Rubyroo
xx
Need a new egg box lid for my Dorset economy coop

Started by cathgenmad on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post December 31, 2015, 09:13
by Sassy
xx
Chicken dispatcher in Dorset

Started by hhens on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post September 16, 2011, 17:22
by Nails
xx
Hemcore suppliers?

Started by LadyPluck on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post October 10, 2009, 18:53
by RichardH

Page created in 0.343 seconds with 28 queries.