best use for this please....

• 19 Replies

lochnesslass

• Experienced Member
Re: best use for this please....
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 08:38 »
thanks, just really need to get it done so we can use it, but it wont stop raining >:(
im going to use it for peas this year and see how they get on as i have the fence for support and shelter.  they need to be in it now cos the first lot are about 5'' and sitting in the garage.
hubby was worried that some sealers may not be so good for the plants like creosote, but fence paint stuff is much cheaper anyway
these 2 take all my time, whatever is left the veggies get, poor hubby is at the end of the queue.

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 09:22 »
blimy  :ohmy: what a find,just that alone would keep me and my vegies very happy indeed  :lol:
Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance

Trillium

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 15:09 »
Good point about 'pill bugs', Trillium.  Are they what we would call wood lice?

Yes, they're the same thing, just a different name over here. Also called sow bugs.

Yesterday I picked up a container on my concrete porch and about 50 of the things ran off  >:(

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 17:11 »
hubby was worried that some sealers may not be so good for the plants like creosote, but fence paint stuff is much cheaper anyway

Creosote is banned these days owing to its carcinogenic properties; I think most amateur use stuff is OK unless it specifically says not to treat wood in contact with edible crops.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

prikay

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 21:09 »
My OH brought back lots of boxes like the one in the picture as well from where he last worked - we now have lots of raised beds and our alloty neighbour (the nice ones) are keeping theirs to grow strawberries in :)   

Page created in 0.809 seconds with 36 queries.