Seems like its all getting on top of me

• 32 Replies

Dopey113

Re: Seems like its all getting on top of me
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 16:36 »
Well good or bad, went to the lotty today and planted, some of the things I planted as seed from the poly include, onion white, and red, leeks, lettuces cos and tom thumb, peas (and pea seeds) sunflowers (just 4 of them) left the rest in the poly, pumpkin, courgettes, French climbing beans (seeds) i have reserves in the poly just in case it all goes wrong and have to plant again
If Its Not Growing... Its Dead.

BabbyAnn

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 16:53 »
The weather has not helped - balmy summer temperatures in March and now April seems to have reverted to winter  :(   I held off the temptation to sow early this year and the downturn of temperatures seems to have been a good call.  The only thing I've decided to go against my better judgement and have planted all my potatoes - Easter is the only time I have some time off work and can seriously get on with jobs on the plot and once they are planted I can get on with the other tasks.  Just wish the "April" showers would wait until evening though :lol:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2012, 08:14 »
I've got a seed sowing plan, but then I do every year and usually lose the plot early on and end up sowing things in a panic  :lol:  I concentrate on the veg I really need to get going at paticular times e.g. peppers and chillies need a long growing season, so they are always the first sowing indoors.

Having spares in the polytunnel for replanting is a good stategy and I usually have  a few back up beans or sweetcorns when the first lot go out.  If I have space in the greenhouse or coldframe, I quite often sow a few modules of beetroot, lettuce or other successional stuff.  If ground comes clear, I bung them in and if not and I end up slinging a few seedlings in the compost bin, I don't stress about it  :)

Page created in 0.431 seconds with 37 queries.