Potato delivery from T&M

• 24 Replies

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Re: Potato delivery from T&M
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 07:18 »
bazial -

They're not far away from you. Bradgate nurseries at Cropston. Almost 100 varieties, £1.10 a kilo, no killer postage & hand select your own spuds.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

bazial

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 08:59 »
Hi DD
          Yes I use them alot ,but last year they ran out of Lady Christl in the first week  ,he put me on the waiting list for some ,but could not get any.I sore them in T&M  Catologue so I though Ok play safe and order some .I got the bulk of my spuds from Brookside Nurseries , Anstey .which you seam to call  Bradgate nurseries  Cropston  .I called in there yesterday and they are down to about 20 verieties and not many left  of them .
     Bazial
bazial

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 09:04 »
Sorry, slip of the keyboard with the name and yes, it is getting a bit late if you want choice, now.

I too had to source L.C. from elsewhere last year.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:08 by DD. »

starry

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 11:32 »
still waiting for mine when I ordered them it did say not dispatched until 29th of Feb still waiting ........................
some people are like slinkys......they're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face as you push them down the stairs!!

Bodmass

• Follow Bod on Twitter
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 17:22 »
fwiw I got my T&M Lady Christl, Charlotte & Desiree delivered yesterday in perfect condition.
Toiling through 100sq metres of clay - And I don't actually eat much veg!

Ivor Backache

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 14:22 »
Just to say my order arrived today.  Quality was very good.

NN2Blue

• Experienced Member
Re: Potatoe delivery from T&M
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 19:55 »
I took advantage of the free p&p & the special offers just before Christmas and mine arrived in mid January all in good condition.  I've ordered my seed potatoes from T&M for the past 4 years and touch wood, there's never been any delay - perhaps I've been exceptionally lucky by the sounds of it.

Me too! King Edward and Desiree - good quality, though I have to admit that the order from JBA was even more impressive.

Debbie D

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 11:38 »
Ordered mine at the end of Nov through our allotment as we got them a bit cheaper, have only just received them all, the quality wasn't too good either, won't use them again could have got better and cheaper at local garden centre.

fatbelly

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 08:23 »
All my seed spuds from T & M have now arrived. Very pleased with the quality, all tubers look healthy and sound.

I got my 1st Earlies from the Lottie shop in January so no worries about having to chit my
T & M spuds in a hurry

A question some seed spuds are small and some larger, does the size of the seed spud impact on the final yield and size of spuds you get?
99% Organic and 1% Slug Pellets.

Allotment holder since 27th May 2007.

Mrs Bee

Re: Potatoe delivery from T&M
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 09:00 »
I know it's not always easy for some people to get to a local potato day or even a garden centre but the problem with online ordering is that you really have no control over the delivery date and if it happens to be minus 10 and they leave them outside you're screwed. You also have to accept the quality of the tubers they send or start all over again.

After attending the Caldbeck potato day and having a choice of over 100 varieties I will certainly not be ordering online again. We also have a stallholder in the local covered market who stocks a good range from late January so I can actually see what I'm buying.

The colour pictures in the catalogues look nice but you can't beat hands on!

DO agree with the hands on.  The seed potatoes are always more expensive than our nurseries because of P&P too.
WE are lucky to have several good nurseries around that stock a great selection of seed pots at a fraction of the price. :) Lots of places like B&Q etc stock them too.
Never use T &M any more because of several of the previous comments. Have also had really poor standard plants as well. I tend to use Mr Fothergill and DT Brown. Have always been really pleased with speed, service and quality. :D  

Edited to clarify quote
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:03 by DD. »

xx
Took delivery of 3 x sweet potato plants - what now?

Started by RookieJim on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 16, 2013, 09:09
by mumofstig
xx
Fothergills delivery?

Started by penance on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post January 31, 2009, 11:01
by Stripey_cat
xx
Manure delivery

Started by Benandbill on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post October 22, 2011, 19:46
by Goldfinger
xx
manure delivery

Started by noshed on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 21, 2006, 10:14
by John

Page created in 0.805 seconds with 28 queries.