VSB Timers

• 5 Replies

helens-hens

VSB Timers
« on: February 15, 2012, 12:15 »
I have one of those vsb light activated pop hole opener's for the hen house. Now that the days are getting longer the girls are coming out earlier and starting to get a bit vocal which worries me as we have lots of neighbours.

I understand you can get digital timers for these vsb devices but looking at some of the reviews they seem a bit fiddly. I was wondering if anybody has had any experience of them and also to find out how easy it is to fit this onto the vsb device?
Helen

Lewjam

• Experienced Member
Re: VSB Timers
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 13:23 »
cant you just plug your pop hole opener into a timer socket then just have it open when ever you want it to?
I hate signatures but love irony

helens-hens

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 13:37 »
Hi Lewjam. The VSB is battery operated, but even if it wasn't the house isn't anywhere near a power supply. Thanks for the idea though.

hen-night

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 14:31 »
If none of your neighbours have complained to you about them being vocal dont worry.
What I do is give my neighbours free eggs now and again and up to now no complaints.
You cannot beat a fresh egg....Aden

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 14:43 »
if they are complaining even after trying the free egg route (and probably it is worrying you more than the neighbours) then could you not stick a little bit of tape over the sensor every night so it doesn't operate until you remove the tape?
Staffies are softer than you think.

helens-hens

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 14:59 »
There aren't any complaints from the neighbours so far but our house back to backs with quite a few houses (the girls do their best but wouldn't lay enough fast enough to keep all neighbours in eggs!) so it is worrying me a bit, as you say Joyful it probably worries me more than the neighbours!

I am thinking about covering the sensor which sticks out of 1 of the ventilation gaps from the house on the end of a piece of electric cable. It looks quite delicate & bearing in mind this will be every day from about now till the autumn I think I may need to make some sort of solid cap to cover it rather than use tape.

Thanks for the ideas.

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 28 queries.