Time Passes Way to Quickly

• 3 Replies

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
Time Passes Way to Quickly
« on: October 27, 2011, 09:16 »
Hi All,

It is hard to believe that my hens are over three years old now.  Tilly has some grey feathers around her eyes and comb - I swear!  All of them have packed up laying now - not even a rogue egg once in a while.  Tilly still squats for me and Repecka plays broody hen in the hen box every night, talking away to her imaginary chicks and pulling out tiny feathers from herself, but no eggs.  Even our youngest one, Henrietta, decided that it's not worth the effort.  I don't know where the time went so quickly.   I don't think they are going to lay again because the last eggs they did lay were soft shelled and lashers.   :(  Guess it is time to think about adding to the flock in the spring. :unsure:
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

Kleftiwallah

Re: Time Passes Way to Quickly
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 11:46 »

"Too quickly".                  3/10     see me.           

Cheers,     Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Casey76

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 13:09 »
Well since this is a poultry forum and not an English Grammar forum, I think we'll let it slide this once, if that's OK with you Tony. ;)

LRH, time, does indeed, pass too quickly.  I hope your girls live out a very happy retirement, and that if you do augment your flock introductions are swift and not too boisterous!

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 13:47 »
 :tongue2: I taught for many years, was a Principal too.  Shame on me!  I know better! 

I, too, am hoping for a rather laid back intro to the new members of our flock.  When we got the present hens, we agreed that they were pets and once they stopped laying, that they would live a life of luxury and ease.  Store eggs are hideous.  :tongue2: Think I'll have to find someone local that has eggs for sale! 

xx
what time is bed time for your chucks

Started by grumpydad on Chicken Chat

15 Replies
Last post June 05, 2010, 10:39
by TeaPots
clip
One More Time!

Started by LittleRedHen on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post September 16, 2013, 16:54
by ANHBUC
xx
Its that time again

Started by Aidy on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post June 12, 2016, 14:42
by RubyR3d
xx
What time shall I put them to bed?

Started by gracie on Chicken Chat

17 Replies
Last post May 07, 2011, 15:18
by rubenjohnson

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 29 queries.