excellent vegetable seed area

• 3 Replies

upthetump

• Experienced Member
« on: September 21, 2007, 11:11 »
well done for the excellent area of this site that deals with descriptions and gives valuable information as well.I recommend it to evryone. I took your advice on choosing RHS merit award seeds but my Kings seed scheme catalogue doesnt have RHS merit winners for all varieties. Never mind, just cheered myself up on another dreadful day, part of a dreadful year. I'm tasting next years harvest in my mind already. Happy Gardening.

Sally A

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 17:57 »
Your thread made me revisit the Useful Topic area, and I was well impressed with the info the seedsite had on various planting outcomes for germination throughout the seasons and in different situations, however, this all related to flowers.

It would be interesting to see how things grow outside of the traditional planting times for veg.

I for one will be trying a (very) late sowing of dwarf beans, and might even crack open me gardeners delight toms. these will be planted in an unheated greenhouse that shares a SE facing wall with the house so hopefully will not be exposed to the worst of the elements.  I'm choosing Gardeners Delight as they are an outdoor type, and whilst i realise light has more to do with it than warmth - if you don't try - you don't learn.

PS - Might even try a Defender courgette.
Does anyone else fancy experimenting?  If so will need your location and method of planting.

Come on - we could rewrite the planting guides!

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 21:45 »
With the way the weather has been this year we might just have to.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 23:07 »
At the moment, I've got carrots and perpetual spinach just coming up in the poytunnel.  I sowed some more leeks too some weeks ago, which are just coming through, and they are going in the polytunnel once the tomatoes are finished.

Once I stop worrying about my chicks, I will see what else I've got that may grow in the tunnel, which is south facing!

xx
Seed spuds in southend area

Started by pwgun on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post January 28, 2008, 07:45
by puravida
xx
grass seed for paths and sitting area

Started by mushroom on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 14, 2007, 14:08
by new_2_veg
xx
excellent pumpkin harvest

Started by Oliveview on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 02, 2010, 12:53
by Stevens706
xx
Starting a new area

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Grow Your Own

30 Replies
Last post November 29, 2011, 20:56
by AlaninCarlisle

Page created in 0.392 seconds with 36 queries.