Remedies for Diarrhea

• 2 Replies

CattinJ

• Experienced Member
Remedies for Diarrhea
« on: July 17, 2011, 10:40 »
We picked up 3 bedraggled ex batts 2 weeks ago and so far they seem to be settling in really well. Except that one has had diarrhea since day 1.  I've had very poorly chooks with yellow/runny poo before and it's nearly always been a sign they are extremely unwell.  This isn't like that it's normal brown poo but very runny and I've had to wash her bottom this morning as it's running into her bottom feathers.
Anyone know of any good remedies?  Will start a course of flubenvet for them all tonight.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Remedies for Diarrhea
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 10:56 »
it could be because of a change in diet - is she managing to eat her food properly? sometimes they can't manage layers pellets as they are used to a mash. See if you can get hold of some avipro plus - this is a probiotic which is recommended for poultry (they are lactose intolerant so although you can give them a little yogurt in emergencies I would err on the side of caution and give her this instead).
Also I would not worm them yet - ex batts will not have come into contact with the outside to get worms.
Staffies are softer than you think.

CattinJ

• Experienced Member
Re: Remedies for Diarrhea
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 12:31 »
Hi Joyfull, they are on chick crumbs until they finish the bag and then will be on to pellets...
They've been digging up worms and slugs constantly since they arrived so I thought after 2 weeks of this new diet I could de-worm them - do you think I should wait a bit longer?
Will def try and get the Avi Pro Plus.

Many thanks,.
Cat

xx
diarrhea

Started by chris rob on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 28, 2011, 20:36
by themagicaltoad1
xx
diarrhea...?

Started by Craigx on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post March 06, 2012, 11:57
by joyfull
xx
diarrhea

Started by ally on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 29, 2016, 08:17
by New shoot
xx
Natural remedies

Started by jonesblack on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post February 26, 2010, 09:43
by jonesblack

Page created in 0.415 seconds with 31 queries.