holidays

• 4 Replies

gailtearle

holidays
« on: June 25, 2011, 22:05 »
hi could anyone help me with this, i have four chooks , my son is getting married next april so all the family will be going , problem is i have no one to look after them while we are away for a week in ireland . does anyone know of any chook sitting service or something like that , grateful for any advice  ???

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: holidays
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 22:11 »
perhaps if you offer to do the same for another chicken keeper when they go away you might be ok - there are a few on here from Nottingham (although I do realise Nottingham is quite a big place - I lived there for 40 years  :D) somebody may be local to you.
Staffies are softer than you think.

salt and pepper

• 5 Rhode Island red bantams and a golden retreiver
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 22:21 »
Hi i've been looking around at different websites i know rawgreencottages.co.uk do, but i've never been so thats all the info i can give, and not sure  of distance for you. 

Good luck on finding the right chook sitter or henels  ::)

Truffle

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 23:12 »
I had the same problem. All the family going away and no one left to look after the chucks.

I searched around the internet to find local boardings but to no avail. In a desperate measure to find someone I emailed a local lady how sold chickens to enquire if she knew of anyone. Although she did not know of anyone or realized that there was a call for this service she asked me what chucks I had and then very kindly offered to look after them for me. We agreed on a weekly price and included the food. She now offers this service on her website.

I am not suggesting that all, if any chicken suppliers would be so kind but they well know of someone who can help.

Good Luck

Sideshoot

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 08:03 »
Hi,

i may have a soloution for you.....
we bought our girls from heidi's happy hens, we were told that if we went on holiday they would take the hens back for us and look after them free of charge, i dont think they advertise a hen sitting service but if you said they had been recommended by a previous customer and did offer money for food and labour etc im sure they'd be happy to help you.
They have their own website and arent too far from you either - J1 m6.

Hope this helps :)

xx
Hen Holidays

Started by danfinn1 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 24, 2015, 19:49
by andy46
xx
Holidays

Started by rcandy2001 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post January 30, 2009, 12:57
by WhatCameFirst
xx
Chicken holidays?

Started by zoggett on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post September 12, 2010, 21:16
by henamoured
xx
Eglu for the holidays

Started by melc1962 on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post June 28, 2008, 21:06
by Kate and her Ducks

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 37 queries.