what happened to the price of sheds????

• 20 Replies

smud6ie

Re: what happened to the price of sheds????
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 11:01 »
We have a saw mills near us who cut wide, pretty thick feather edge boarding in various length and then have it tanalised.my Son uses it vertically for fencing instead of panels which are rubbish and horozontally for buidling sheds.Do you have any mills near you to get a price ?
smud6ie
Picture with hozelock connector for scale!

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:55 by smud6ie »

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 15:52 »
These look like some I saw recently and they were rubbish.  The panels were like fencing panels and had warped with the rain.  They look good on a small photo but you are better seeing what you are going to hand your hard earned cash for. 

Hmm, anyone got any recommendations for a good place to get sheds then? how is the B&Q range?

We bought a 6 x 4 tongue and groove shed from Focus as they were closing down recently it was half price at £137 it is o.k. for the money but could have done with thicker flooring and roof panels.

Would suggest you try your local shed builders, they are more expensive but the last one we bought which was about 10 years ago is still like new.  They even delivered and errected it for us.  All we have done since is painted it 3 times and renewed the roofing felt due to storm damage.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 21:29 »
whatever you get you want tongue and groove not overlap or shiplap panels.  My allotment shed was £300 from some internet store (10 x 8) but it's warped and not worth the money whereas the tongue and groove 10x8 we bought from wilkinsons is great and was the same price!

8doubles

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 07:40 »
whatever you get you want tongue and groove not overlap or shiplap panels.  My allotment shed was £300 from some internet store (10 x 8) but it's warped and not worth the money whereas the tongue and groove 10x8 we bought from wilkinsons is great and was the same price!

Good thick shiplap or feather edge as pictured earlier is fine, we had a shed over 50 years old made of it. Mind you this was back in the days of  creosote/sump oil preservation.
Feather edge boards shed water better and the gaps allow some ventilation. :)

Caltrad

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 20:20 »
B&Q seem to be selling off a lot of ex-display stuff at the moment. Worth a look.

Caltrad

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 21:54 »

I'd concur, avoid the 'featheredge' board, unless you don't want it to last more than a couple of years.

xx
Sheds

Started by Henry on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post May 25, 2010, 08:27
by taterfork
xx
Netting for sheds

Started by Jamie Butterworth on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post July 04, 2010, 22:15
by sueanthony
xx
Prices of sheds!

Started by Only1Dionne on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post January 29, 2010, 23:54
by Paul Plots
xx
Tool Sheds

Started by slow_worm on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post October 30, 2007, 13:29
by slow_worm

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 27 queries.