foxs

• 10 Replies

pemberton

foxs
« on: June 14, 2011, 19:02 »
Today 14/6/2011 my wifes birthday i rang her to wish her happy birthday(im a truck driver and away all week) 5 mins after i called she rang me back in tears all our hens were dead ( 6) they had all been beheaded she was in total shock. i dont know if i could go through this again and think i will call it a day and forget about having hens again

evie2

Re: foxs
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 19:42 »
Sorry to hear about your chickens, not a nice birthday present :(
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

bantam novice

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 19:43 »
What a horrid thing for you both to experience.   :(
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 20:21 »
What a terrible shock for her. Are you sure it was a fox? seems a bit odd that they're all beheaded, could somebody have got to them out of spite?

OpiumEater

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 21:12 »
What a terrible shock for her. Are you sure it was a fox? seems a bit odd that they're all beheaded, could somebody have got to them out of spite?

Jesus, you'd have had to reverse over a few cats for someone to do that!  :blink:

Don't give up, wire mesh, and start again. It is worth it. x
Alice - Australorp
Bernadette - Barnevelder
Dora - Silver Grey Dorking
LilliBet - Cream Leg Bar

newChickenMummy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 21:17 »
Oh no thats so sad especially on your wifes birthday, I'm sorry to hear your sad news x

daisy1990

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 10:08 »
so sorry- what an awful thing for her to see.  Consider an electric fence, they are cheap to run and not too expensive to buy and really do seem to work
3 dogs, 8 chickens, 4 rabbits 2 guinea pigs, 10 quail, 2 fish and a demanding daughter who has gone to uni and left me with 29 animals to care for!!=)

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 11:06 »

Jesus, you'd have had to reverse over a few cats for someone to do that!  :blink:

Not so unlikely as you'd think. A few years back some kids broke into an area on an allotment here, ripped the heads off all the chickens and ducks and stuck screwdrivers into the rabbits, their idea of fun.

neenyneen

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 15:07 »

Not so unlikely as you'd think. A few years back some kids broke into an area on an allotment here, ripped the heads off all the chickens and ducks and stuck screwdrivers into the rabbits, their idea of fun.

My goodness, thats horrible! Sorry for your loss Pemberton  :(
love my chickens me! :-)

NormandyMary

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 20:44 »
I lost another one today, my little Loulou. So now Im down to 2 again after having 5 hens and 1 cockerel. Im sure that Mr Fox came calling again this evening, but both girls managed to escape. My oldest hen Miss Red, has a special call when the fox is around, its quite distinctive, but often I hear it after he has made his getaway with his dinner.
I too am considering giving it up, but I know that in my heart I have to have chooks. We will make sure that the new pen is like Fort Knox, and there will be no letting them out no matter how cruel I feel keeping them in!

OpiumEater

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 13:43 »
I walk mine around the garden now, but still worried the fox will come running through the garden and carry one off before I can wield my spade.  :mad:

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 36 queries.