Hens and rabbit

• 6 Replies

grinling

Hens and rabbit
« on: May 21, 2011, 20:23 »
Would they survive if I had them in same run area or should I segregate?

massa

• Experienced Member
Re: Hens and rabbit
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 21:17 »
i think it really depends on how big the space is and how many rabbits/hens there are within the space.

jinty1911

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 11:17 »
I would keep them seperate unless you are there to supervise them.  My chooks tend to chase the rabbits and invade their hutches.  Can be funny to watch though  :D

Mulberry1990

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 11:36 »
We have ours together, we have 8 chickens and 4 rabbits that live happily together. The rabbits always end up in the chicken coops and the chicks like to sleep downstairs in the rabbit hutch when they get tired during the day.
They do have a lot of room though inside an electric fence enclosure so they can stay away from each other if they want to.
You'll find the ground will get dug up more as they turn it into a team effort, the bunnies start the digging then the chickens carry it on to make themselves dustbaths.
So if you have enough room for them to stay away from each other if they want to then should be okay =)
4 Dogs: Stanley, Oscar, Borris and Scraps, 8 chickens: Prada, Mulberry, Alessi, Apple, Dior, Bobbi, Eve and Fendi, 2 Guinea Pigs: Rupert and Milo, 3 Rabbits: Louis, Daisy and Charlie 2 Fish: Sandy and Pebbles, 6 Quail

grinling

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 11:55 »
Thank for the replies, when I build the enclosure, I'll make it cosy for the 4 girls and Fudge.

Pertelotte

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 12:38 »
My chooks and boys get along just fine.

The only problem I have is when I open the shed door in the morning to let the girls out the bunnies try to sneak outside amongst the chickens. They not hard to spot, I just have to be quick, as the boys are pretty new and have yet to learn to come when called. (This works just fine with the cat as long as I remember to only call her when she wants to come.)

P x

rainie

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 16:17 »
I have had chickens rabbits and guinea pigs living successfully together. They had space to get away from each other. Dietry requirements for the gp's made me feed them extra vit c in their house away from the chucks and rabbits. Burrows were dug so happy bunnies and gp's. Chucks never bothered with them, and ate any waste food so a bit of recycling there. It is however, a really strange feeling when I put my hands in the next box for eggs and felt the furry rabbit. Very wierd as brain was expecting feathers if anything.
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.

xx
Cheap Eglu Classic Rabbit near Bristol

Started by ANHBUC on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post April 10, 2013, 11:31
by ANHBUC
xx
New hens

Started by oborne27 on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post June 19, 2013, 21:21
by ANHBUC
exclamation
You'll never believe what my hens just ate!!!

Started by Pretty Chick on Chicken Chat

12 Replies
Last post June 10, 2010, 21:01
by graces-chickens
xx
new hens

Started by Geo on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post May 23, 2012, 18:52
by Geo

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 28 queries.